We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ventolin inhalers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ventolin inhalers

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to buy ventolin inhalers in Phuket.

I will take sufficient with me but would be nice to know just in case.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ventolin inhalers

I'm pretty sure i saw them there. I don't really look anymore as my son's asthma has pretty much disappeared since he did a Buteyko breathing course.

They should be cheaper, and you won't need a prescription. Stock up for home.

I'm on medication for GORD and it was much cheaper in Patong than at home. Didn't need a prescription either. Declared them at Australian Customs, told them I had prescription medicines. They asked if I had a prescription and I said yes (which was true, i took one with me, but they just wanted to know it existed) and they were happy with that. Did not ask to see the drugs or the prescription.

And if the asthmatic is old enough, check out a Buteyko course. Best thing we ever did. Went from severe asthmatic (puffer every day) to practically never having any symptoms at all (no puffer, no drugs, no preventative, maybe symptoms once a year). The course came with a money back guarantee. Believe me, if you stick to it, it works.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ventolin inhalers

Wildo

Thanks for all that info.

I will look into the Buteyko course.

Kerry

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ventolin inhalers

Hi,

I have not really looked for Ventolin, but your sure to get it there. I would still be taking extra from home, I have 1 by the bed , 1 in my bag and a couple in the case just to be sure.

Lindy.

auckland
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ventolin inhalers

hi,

yes you can. we asked at a pharmacy and the had them there.no prescription required.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ventolin inhalers

Hi Morgan-Letiu

Thanks for looking at the pharmacy.

much appreciated.

kerry

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ventolin inhalers

Just as a side note it is amazing what you can get over the counter in Phuket. It is worth stocking up if it is much cheaper than home. However when I was in a chemist there I overheard an Australian come in and ask for Seritide (I'm sure spelling is wrong but that's how you say it). The chemist showed him a price on the calculator and his comment was 'that's about the same price as at home', so I guess it depends on what you want to buy.

7. Re: ventolin inhalers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:17