We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

Hi,

we are very time limited for our trip next week, and was wondering will it be possible to do the short ATV tour (think its 2 hrs) and a elephant ride in the one day

How far is the ATV from the elephant ride place?

Also, what would an approx. cost be of hiring a taxi to get to and from the 2 places, or is it better to hire a driver for the whole time??

Thankyou so much for all your help

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

This exact same question has just been asked a few days ago.

Yes, is possible. There is one ATV place about 3 km from Kok Chang, where you can do an elephant trek.

Taxi costs really depend on where you're staying.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

THat ATV place about 2 miles south of Kok Chang ALSO has elephant rides. It is on the border of NAi Harn just at the bottom of the hill.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

Just be sure to book it through a roadside tour operator as it should be cheaper (20-30% off asking price most things) and you should get free transport.

4. Re: ATV tour & Elephant ride/trek - can I do this in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:19