We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eats

australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap Eats

Hi All,

Can you please recommend some places to eat cheaply but not on carts or anything I do know of Sweet and S&S but any others haven't been for 6 years I'm guessing a lot has changed!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eats

Hi

You can try Shakers in Patong - its opposite the Patong Merlin (lobby side). Great food and not to expensive at all. It cost me & hubbie $24 Aussie for our meal and drinks.

SAbai Sabai & Banana Leaf are also really good and cheap.

Just need to walk around and have a look at what you want. Most place have their menus displayed, so the choice is yours

Good Luck

Suzan

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eats

If you want good food at a great price (and can stand it spicy) just look for where the Thai people are eating. The more people, usually the better the food.

The food is usually good although portions are not always big. The price is generally 35-70 baht for a meal.

I live in Rawai and could tell you a few of them here but most tourists go to other parts of the island. That's where i just look for lots of Thai people eating and join them. (helps sometimes if you can speak a little Thai to order your favorites though)

You may meet some very interesting people that you wouldn't otherwise meet too.

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eats

Several good places in Soi Post Office around Sabai Sabai. I also liked Break Point not far from Seets

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Eats

You should have a meal at Nicky's Handlebar in Patong, the meals and staff are lovely. They have Thai and Western food. I just got back yesterday and had a number of meals at Nicky's.

5. Re: Cheap Eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:19