We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Set Timings

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Set Timings

Hi

We would like to take advantage of a meal at the White Box restaurant and would like to be there enjoying a cocktail or 2 when the sun sets. Can someone give us an approximate time the sun sets in August.

Cheers

Steve

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
886 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Set Timings

7 O'clock is aprox for most of the year.

The difference in Thailand between the longest and shortest days of the year is only 50 minutes. (saw that on a sign at Prom Thep a few years ago)

My GPS says 6:48 for today. So I'd guess within 5 or 10 minutes of that for August.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Set Timings

I love this website:

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

It gives you what time it is there, weather forecast and sunrise and sunse times for any time of the year.

Depending what dates u will be in August, sunset is between 6:34pm - 6:46pm

3. Re: Sun Set Timings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:23