We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Big Buddha

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Topic
Phuket Big Buddha

Hi guys,

Anyone been to the Phuket's Big Buddha? Or the place is still underconstruction? Any entrance fees?

Any good thai massage ard Kata area?

Thanks guys..

New Zealand
Level Contributor
253 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

We went last month and while there was construction (I think more reconstruction) around it was still quite impressive. We didn't pay an enterance fee, just gave a donation.

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

Thanks Mandy for the information.

How's the road condition on the way up to the Hill? Is that muddy?

I would love to catch a glimpse of the huge Buddha.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

well worth the trip, the road up is fine, no entrance fee but you can donate, we actually wrote our names on a marble brick that will be used on the Buddah itself, there is a temple & souvenirs, the view is amazing.

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

Thank alot Hawk,

I'll be driving up there, hope i'll get the roads right! Probably will have dinner or lunch at Chalong after the big buddha. hehe..

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
921 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

There's a nice little restaurant near the Big Buddha about 1 km down from the top on the west side. Great view of Karon beach from there. The road is now 80% concrete and the only dirt is on fairly level stretches. I go up there a lot for exercise.

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

That's some great info, Fiddle. Thanks q!

Any good thai massage ard Kata area?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

I don't think the Big Buddha is worth the effort, but the views are spectacular and well worth the effort.

The road is good and easy.

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

Thanks Steven,

But why is the Big Buddha not worth the effort? Is not fully finished constructed? Yeah, they say the view is spectacular, and i'm planning to pay a visit to kata view point too!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

Because I think it is just a big Buddha, and not very nice.

The views though are really excellent, much better than from Kata View Point.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket Big Buddha

We vistied the big Buddha last year. Hey, its worth it for the slightly cooler temp and views alone!

I really enjoyed the look around. We visited on the queens birthday and there was quite a large buddhist gathering to celebrate th her birthday. For us, this added to the visit.

When we were there, the road and Big Buddha were still being constructed. The ride was a little 'hairy', but was more amazed when I saw tuk tuks going up the hill.

One small word of warning. If loo facilities are important to you, make sure you take a break before you get there. They were VERY basic last year and not in the best condition