We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Patong

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Patong

I am travelling to Patong in November with my girlfriend and would like advice on accommodation.

I am looking to spend around £20-40 per night and would prefer to be near the beach and close to bars ,restaurants etc.

Does anyone know of any good accommodation.

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Patong

I stayed at Patong Resort. very close to everything and quite cheap. Make sure you get a deluxe room.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Patong

There's a good range of budget accommodation, your lower end budget which is probably around 1,200 a night is not going to get you much, but as long as you can go up to 2,400 you should be ok. Location makes a big difference, take care when choosing as many less expensive places can be a way from the busy central area where it seems you would like to be. Along Rat-U-Thit Road there are quite a number of reasonable priced places.

Rates to shoot up from 1st November as start of the high season but you should be ok

www.patong-beach-hotels.com/cheap-hotels.html has inexpensive but nice places, in November for 2 of you Thanthip Villas is very good value, short walk to beach, not as close to night life area but walkable, but you win on beeing a short walk to beach and a nice place, 2,000 a night in November ( AU$ 65 ), Patong Bayshore is on Rat-U-Thit and it's about 5 minutes walk to beach and easy walk along to Soi Bangla for nightlife etc, that's 1,900 ( about AU$62 ), benefit it that it was built years ago and is a low rise place with plenty of space, yet close to center. Tropica Bungalow is a few $ over your top limit but very good for the price and good location. Deevana is just within your budget, again good value.

As from Sydney http://www.patong-beach-hotels.com/aud.html has rates in AU$ straight off, I would perhaps go for Tropica, Patogn resort or Thanthip if you want it a little quieter area.

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Patong

Thanks for the tips, I have just checked some of them out and they look.

Thantip villa was one I had been looking at previously. It looks nice. I thought maybe it was a little further out though.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Patong

The location is not so easy to describe but I'll have a go. It is along the soi ( Soi Eden ) between Rat-U-Thit Road and the beach road, same area as Swiss Palm Beach and Garceland. It is not that far out and you can walk to the center, I think that is a benefit, and it is is excellent value.

Sydney
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Patong

Im in Phuket now, and im staying at the patong Merlin, and its such a great place to stay.. cant remember the price, i think maybe 40 a night.. i recomend it to anyone.. the pools are awesome, the rooms are really pretty and its right across the street from the beach, and on the otherside, its the markets, ( OTOP) and like in the middle of that, it has those little pubs.. and Bangla Rd is only about a 15 minute walk , or a 5 minute Tuk Tuk or taxi..

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Patong

Add my thumbs up for the Patong Merlin as well

7. Re: Accommodation Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2010, 13:05
phuket
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation Patong

check this pocket-map.net/thailand_accommodations.htm

you will find lot of accommodation at different price

+ detailed map.

All the best

9. Re: Accommodation Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:18