We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

I have 6 nights to split between Patong, Krabi and Phi Phi.

I like night life to an extent, so Patong is a must but I'm not sure how many days.

I will stay at PHI PHI or Krabit, but I want to know if it's worth staying at BOTH these places or just staying at ONE and taking a DAY trip to the other?

Let me know your thoughts and how you might break up the 6 days. I love the beach and snorkeling, etc....

Help??

minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

bump

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

Sounds like you should spend most of your time in Patong. With perhaps an overnight to Phi Phi. If you really like Phi Phi and feel energetic, perhaps another boat to Railay (this is like an island although not technically so, near KRabi that is very nice)

However, Phi Phi and Railay are somewhat alike: remote, island so everything is more expensive because it must be brought in by boat, very picturesque, no bar girls, quieter, etc.

Of course 6 nights is not enough to see all of these by any means. I would probably spend the 6 in Phuket and try to get a feel for the place rather than the whirlwind tour that so many try to do. Up to you of course.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

Hi,

I would stay in Patong as it sounds like a priority to you.6 days is not very long and when you are transfering hotels you can not book in untill 14.00hrs so you are time wasting. You can do PhI Phi on a day trip and also Krabi Simba sea trips go to Krabi www.simbaseatrips.com they only go to Krabi 1 day a week so i would prebook if you want to go.Phuket scuba diving do a good lazy day snorkeling trip to Phi Phi on the Songthai it is a very nice luxurious sailing boat have a look at www.phuket-scuba-diving.com where you will find photos and reviews.

Julie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

I would not bother changing hotels. Stick to Patong and do a couple of day trips. U will loose too much time checking out/In, travelling etc.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

I hear ya. Stay in Patong and day trip it...

BUT

I've heard from others that it's not easy doing day trips to Krabi or PHI PHI. True?

I would love to be able to do my own thing at these islands if I could...ie....taking the earliest ferry to Krabi or PHI PHI to get great sunrise photos and to snorkle with the fish before all the other tourists come around 10 am or so.

Doable? Advice? Thanks guys@!

6. Re: Phi Phi, Krabi, and Patong....Help???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 23:20