We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants we ate at

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants we ate at

Hi ,

We, myself, wife & two children, 20 & 17 were in Phuket from 15th to 22nd August. Stayed at Amari Coral Beach Hotel.

Instead of writing a detailed JBR, I will just comment on the restaurants we went to and may be this will help a few people who plan to be in Patong shortly.

15.08.2008: For dinner we decided to go to Jungcylone and when there found in the basement a food court known as Food Heaven. It’s all Thai Food and we ate to our capacity and paid just THB 400. Graet food and very cheap.

16.08.2008: For lunch went to Sabai Sabai on Soi Post Office but it was full. Were not in a mood to wait so decided to have Pizzas at Napoli that is just next to Sabai Sabai. We ordered two large Pizzas and 4 drinks and paid THB 900. The Pizzas were just OK.

For Dinner went to Shakers on Rut-U-Thit road. Food here was great. We had 4 soups, 2 starters, 4 main courses, 6 drinks and paid THB 1500. I would still say the prices were cheap because had we been 6 people, the food would have been enough. This place is highly recommended.

17.08.2008: Were at Jungcylone for shopping and on our way out saw Burger King and decided to have lunch here. No comments as you all know about it.

For dinner again went to Sabai Sabai but it was again full. Just opposite is S&G. Had read some good reviews about this place but we were actually disappointed with the quality of food and also the prices.

18.08.2008: For lunch went to Molly Malloons, what a great place this is. Had a great lunch here. Had 4 drinks & 4 main courses and paid THB 1350, not cheap but the food was simply too good.

For dinner went to Savoey-Great but expensive. Lobster @ THB 250/100 gms-Our two lobsters weighed 1.4 kg. Tiger prawns @ THB 200 / 100 gms, wanted to have 4 of these tOo but they weighed 1.6 kgs so did not TO order these and just ordered 2 lobsters. Also ordered 4 soups & 4 drinks, 2 garlic breads and paid THB 4762, TOOOOOOOO expensive but we enjoyed our dinner.

19.08.2008: Our hotel Amari has a free shuttle to Kata beach so decided to avail this and spend the day at Kata. Had lunch at the various food stalls here.

For dinner went to Orchids at Bangla Road, next to Sea Hag. Had a great dinner and this place is highly recommended too. Had 2 soups, 4 main courses, 4 drinks & 3 pancakes with icecream and paid THB 1220.

20.08.2008: Had to go to Jungcylone for some more shopping and at Lunch time again went to Food Heaven in the basement there. Cheap & good Thai food.

At dinner time were exploring Bangla Road when we saw The Pizza Company so went in. Ordered one large & one small pizza with 4 drinks and paid THB 650. The pizzas here are really good.

21.08.2008: For lunch went to Two Black Sheep and had another fantastic lunch. This place is on Rut-u-Thit road. Don’t remember what we ordered but when we came out, we were all quite happy.

For dinner went to Sweets to have another great dinner. Ordered 4 drinks, 3 soups, 1 sea food salad, 1 garlic bread, 4 main courses and 2 banana pancakes with icecream and just paid THB 1165. Highly recommended.

22.08.2008: Had to leave for the airport at 1:00 PM so no more lunch or dinner in Patong.

ktariq

Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants we ate at

Thanks, this will be very useful. But a query .. what does "&amp" mean?

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants we ate at

I don't know how amp came here, I am surprised myself. Just a typing error may be, just ignore it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants we ate at

Hi Ktariq,

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but is the sunset in your pic. real as in the colours???

Deb

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants we ate at

Hi Deb,

I did not take this photo, found it some where on the net so really don't know if it's real or not.

ktariq

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants we ate at

OK Thanks, thought it might be one of your own holiday snaps - never mind :)

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants we ate at

I'm surprised people are so keen on Sabai Sabai. The Thai food is westernised and bland and the western food is so so. Oh well, each to her own.

London
Level Contributor
773 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants we ate at

&amp appears just before a semi colon so it's obviously a technical glitch as the computer maybe doesn't recognise the ;

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants we ate at

I have to agree about Sabai Sabai, I think there are way better places, Lair Le tong for one!!!

Lindy.

9. Re: Restaurants we ate at

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 16:18