We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Merlin

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Patong Merlin

Could someone please advise if all the rooms have been refurbished at the Patong Merlin?? Also, what is the new wing being built and when should it be completed??

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong Merlin

bump

western australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong Merlin

Hi arrived back on the 9 october could see no new building works going on unless it started after we left,I think they had refurbished building 4 this year other than that not much changed from the previous year,there is a larger outside eating area for breakfast.Hope this Helps Andy

Western Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong Merlin

I had heard when we were there in may that wing 2 was to be extended into a 2 sided wing rather than rooms on one side only and another pool with a swim up bar where the playing area is.. but that was just talk around the pool. not from anyone in authority.

melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong Merlin

Hi Hassa

We just got back Tuesday and stayed at Patong Merlin Hotel. There was no building works going on it appears to be all finished, well all the rooms have been refurbished and are really nice and clean, the pools are fantastic, the buffet breakfasts have a huge selection. There is no swim up pool bar, but a bar is poolside as well as a cafe and the waiters are always coming around the pool areas for you to order drinks. You wont be disappointed, hope this helps....................Linda

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong Merlin

Id say by the date on the original post, the renovations would certainly be complete & the original poster would have already been & come back!

Briisbane
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong Merlin

Hi, there is a new wing proposed to be built behind wing 4. This is currently the workers quaters and they will be moved into Phuket town. I have been told that there will also be a fourth swimming pool being built for this wing. I am not sure when work is set to commence, but I have been told that it is happening, by one of our friend who works at the Merlin. Hope this helps.

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong Merlin

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Regards

Hassa

8. Re: Patong Merlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:18