We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bills-Jets game, November 2

Toronto ON
1 post
Save Topic
Bills-Jets game, November 2

Throwing a Hail Mary here... where do folks go to watch NFL games in Phuket?? As a Bills season tix subscriber who had to sell his ticket, I cannot miss Favre throw at least 3 INT's on way to a Bill's victory... I'd even consider having a beverage with Jet's fans to help with my NFL addiction!!! Thx

San Francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bills-Jets game, November 2

American Football is not a big thing in Thailand..

Soccer is the popular sport for viewing..

Are you going to be in Patong? If so, just about all bars in and around Bangla Rd. has televisions.

Ask nicely and I'm sure most will accommodate.. except if a big soccer game is on! (which is more exciting!)

Slowrunr

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bills-Jets game, November 2

hi

most hotel rooms have cable .is it on espn.?

but remember the time change the last time i was in Thailand i watched monday night football .tuesday morning still in bed at hotel.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bills-Jets game, November 2

Hotels offer a very limited range of TV stations.. Most are international channels that may receive only a limited viewing of ESPN..

I would not plan on seeing much of American Football..

Slowrunr

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
886 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bills-Jets game, November 2

From another NFL fan (Eagles fan), it is possible to watch some games. Cable TV in Rawai has 2 games a week on. (I don't have cable but people tell me this and i'm not sure about cable tv in patong)

But, i have found that i can see most of the games on justin.tv check it out sometime. The feeds are sometimes a bit slow but depending on game time (12 hours difference in Nov to the East coast time), the internet is fastest at this 1AM to 8 AM time so you should be able to see the game.

Not all games are on though. But i can usually find my game and I also listen to it on internet radio so i don't miss things when the feed is too slow and it stops.

Good luck. You'll find there's not much interest here though. Now, if it's soccer you like, you can probably find 5 different matches every day.

5. Re: Bills-Jets game, November 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 18:18