We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 more sleeps!!!! ... some last minute questions

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
2 more sleeps!!!! ... some last minute questions

Getting very excited (although not so excited about having to pack!)

Can anyone help me with some last minute info please:

- we are staying at the Katathani hotel in Kata Noi - is there an ATM and chemist close by?

- am thinking of heading to the Small Viewpoint bar/restaurant on the first evening - how do we get there and how long does it take so we can make sure we are there to watch the sun go down? Will the local drivers know where it is if I say the Small Viewpoint up the hill?

- what is the going rate for tuk tuk/taxis from Kata Noi to Patong, Karon and Kata centre?

- and most importantly what time are the shops/market stalls open til?? :o)

Thanks!!

Benoni, South Africa
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 more sleeps!!!! ... some last minute questions

Hi

Kata Thani is a 15-20 minute walk to Lower Kata where there are numerous ATM's restaurants and the famous Kata Mama beach restaurant and Ska Bar.

The shops in Kata are open until late, i.e. 11 or 12p.m.

It is up quite a steep hill going there so it would probably be a good idea to get a Tuk Tuk there and take a slow walk back. The Tuk Tuk's in Kata have signs up indicating there standard prices. It will probaly be 100-150 Baht for the Tuk Tuk to Kata and 2-300 Baht to the Small Viewpoint

They should all know how to get you to the Small viewpoint Restaurant,and I would advise that you get there early to get a window seat.

It is very rustic, even basic, and a bit more expensive than most Thai restaurants, but we had a good meal there.

Have you not considered renting a jeep for the period you are there? 3 Tuk Tuk trips a day will already cover the cost to hire a jeep. Of course this will test your bargaining skills.

The Kata Thani hotel is awesome though and one of the very few hotels in Phuket that has its own beach.

2. Re: 2 more sleeps!!!! ... some last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:18