We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Mai Khao

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on Mai Khao

I've heard that Mai Khao is a pretty nice beach, especially if you like plane-spotting. What I didn't know is that at the northern end is some bars and restaurants.

Has anyone been that far up and investigated these beach-side establishments? Any info greatly appreciated.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

Revolver, no matter where you stay in Phuket a trip up to these restaurants is certainly worth it!

They are right at the northern end of Mai Khao beach (Sai Kaew beach) just before the bridges to the mainland, nice beach, good food and prices, rarely any tourists and its very popular on the weekends with Thai families etc.

We have been there many times and been to a few of the restaurants, Jakkajan is our favourite.

Great spot!

Have a look at my link below theres some photos of the meals and prices etc.

Cathy

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/mai_khao_beach_…

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

Fantastic!! Cheers, Cathy!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

Oh, and is it relatively easy to get to these little shacks? How much further beyond the airport are they?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

Just stay on the main road - it is about 10-12 minutes past the airport, driving at a mellow pace.

Can't miss them as you will see the beach right there as well. If you get to the bridges, you went to far. They are maybe only one minute after the new checkpoint.

Great place to watch the sunset.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

How easy is it to get to them? You can pull your car up within five feet of your table if you want. Could probably even eat in your car . . .

But the tables are right on the sand.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

Can't wait. Thanks for the info.

I can only hope the country is open for business by April!

7. Re: Restaurants on Mai Khao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 00:19