We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Bobsville
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Did anyone else get such an email? Wow you post a few things here and they ask you to be an expert.

Yet so many others that say their peace and say how it is never do.

Shame on you trip advisor for not getting the facts before you invite..........

I know one person who has posted over 1000 post on the forum but got something like 15 posts deleted in 2 weeks yet very similar posts were allowed.

They of course never got one not that they are disappointed they were to intelligent to think that anyway!

Will I continue to persue my expert status? I dont think so.

Very dodgy anyway who they give the gong to anyway.

trip!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,463 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Somebody must have thought you would be interested and recommended you to TA. It's members who recommend not TA that selects. It's then upto the person invited to decide whether he/she thinks she can contribute. It's not a competition. There can be any number of DEs. If you don't want to do it, fine, but no need to be disparaging about those who do try their best.

It's not the quantity of posts a member makes, it's the quality.

Try it! Who knows you may actually derive some pleasure out of helping people instead of dissing others!

2. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2008, 13:41
Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

I'm sure the information they give is to the best of their belief and they do not knowingly give wrong information. No one is right all of the time.

4. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
719 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Haha! I received an email too!

Destination expert for Bangkok! o_O

Thanks to whoever nominated me/recommended me.

Don't know whether to be flattered or bewildered.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

he couldn't say 'click heals...oh, click heels' if he was the destination expert

7. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

Previous post said, "It is only after you have been on the board for some time that you know whose advice to trust and whose not."

True for every forum everywhere, on every topic.

Ask advice, but make your own decisions. If nothing else everyone here has different values and different experiences and will, therefore, interpret their experiences differently.

Uh . . . you say potatoes and I say tomatoes . . . :-)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

I reckon you would be a great DE TB!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Been invited to be a trip advisor expert

I thought this was some computer generated email from TA, rather than a personal request and just ignored it. I'm surprised that all one has to do is make recommendations to get asked, or did I read that bit wrong? The recommendations I've posted on here are based on my own assessment of what I research, see and my own experiences and comparisons at the time. How does that make me an expert for would be travelers? I don't believe I have that much knowledge, after only a few trips. Then again, I don't ever just believe one person's view without checking out as much info as I can find, and then forming my own opinion (definitely not always the right one I might add), but at least it's made with all the knowledge I had at the time and can only blame myself for the wrong choice for me. I don't even think I'm an expert in my home town as I live here and see it with different eyes than a visitor would. Thanks TA for the offer, thanks again to the experts that give their all to this forum to encourage us visitors to see what is out there.

Lee