We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phang Nga Tours

California
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Phang Nga Tours

I'm really confused with all the tours In Phang Nga Bay. There are Phang Nga tours and there are also James Bond tours (sometimes offered by the same company). Phang Nga tours (visiting sea caves, sea tunnels, lagoons and hongs) seems to be more expensive than James Bond tours (visiting Koh Panak and Koh Hong). Some tours also visit Monkey Cave, Talu island, Koh Panyee. Are all these places must-sees?

A lot of people have recommended Simba Sea Trips. But they are quite expensive comparing to other tours I've seen. Can someone tell me the advantages of choosing Simba tours?

Also, we will be arriving Phuket on Dec 28. Would it be too late to book the tours for Dec 30 or Dec 31 after we arrive considering it's the peak season?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phang Nga Tours

I have never used Simba, but I have only read positive stories about them.

We were over in Thailand in late November and went with Panwa Sea Canoe - they took us to James Bond but that was only a minor part of the tour. We spent alot of time in the canoe.

Check them out

http://phuketdir.com/pktpanwacanoe/

we paid $1500 baht a head and it was worth it, the food was fantastic!

Dallas
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Phang Nga Tours

The thing that makes Simba a great trip is the small number of people on their tours. I went on the Phang Nga tour in early November and there were 8 plus crew. I think their max is 14. We went to secluded spots that other tours don't stop at. Two islands we had the beach to ourselves. The day was very well planned out and we saw everything you would see on any other tour plus more. Jenny and BamBam were our guides and were alot of fun. I did go on other bigger tours and found them cheaper but not as good. Something about a crowd of 50 people takes away from the experience. The smaller group and flexibility that offers are worth the exrta baht. With Simba you do have to book direct with them as they do not use tour agents. Send them and email and I am sure they will respond on if they have room. Hope you have a great time!

US
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phang Nga Tours

I rather go with Simba Sea Trips then other tours even I have to pay more.They are the best of the bunches.

Kiev
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phang Nga Tours

We had our vacations at Phuket early this year, and Phang Nga trip was one of our brightest impressions. We went for "Afternoon sea canoe with lunch" organized by Phang-nga explorer. They picked-up us at about 10am and brought back to the hotel at about 6pm. The price was 1600 B/pax. At first we'd visited rubber tree farm (it was very interesting to see how they produce latex), then Monkey cave and temple in it with lying Buddha (quite interesting place), then we'd got into long-tail boat and had lovely trip through mangrove rivers and Phang Nga bay itself with its fanciful and intricate limestone formations and rocks, then we'd visited floating fishermen village and had lovely lunch there (Tom Yam was fantastic). After that we'd brought to the sea canoe place. Sea kayaking was a lot of fun and a little bit scary because sea was a little bit rough and because when we'd got into canoe rainfall started. At our way back we'd visited James Bond island (very picturesque place, but a lot of visitors there). We liked this trip very much. I think that Phang-Nga is a must for Phuket. Moreover, I would like to recommend you to visit Similan Islands. Wonderfull place, untouched nature, cristal clear water, snow white sand, fantastic snorkelling and diving. Also I liked Krabi tour, but was completely disappointed with Phi-Phi tour (the only one place worth to visit there is that bay where Beach had been shooted; but be ready to meet a lot of people there (like fish in the barrel)

5. Re: Phang Nga Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 16:18