We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

patong

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
patong

Hi heading to phukett for 3 days in march than on to karbi have been hearing bad things about patong is it really that bad i don't want to say somewhere were there in no night life any ideas where to stay in patong or in phukett

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: patong

You haven't done much research, have you?

Patong is IN "phukett", and if it's nightlift you're after there's nowhere better (so they say, anyway. I don't like it personally.)

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: patong

No nigtlife in Patong? your Kidding, markets nightlife restaurants we love patong & we are 40 somethings, you'll have a ball!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: patong

^ nightlifE, not nightlifT.

Doh!

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: patong

hey i know patong is in phuket i was just wondering is there anywhere nicer than patong to stay in as we heard its just full of dirty old men and we don't want to be in the middle of no where

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: patong

theres stacks of nightlife in patong cass

head for bangla road

just make sure u agree prices for transport before you get into a tuk tuk (taxi )

try the casa summer breeze its near bangla road (soi san sabai )check out the "summer suites"

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: patong

who told you there are a lot of dirty old men? there are plenty of dirty young ones too....lol

experience it for yourself!!!

UK
Level Contributor
921 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: patong

If you are worried about patong, maybe you should stay on a nearby beach. That way, you can get to patong fairly easily if you want to go out there but if you find you don't like it, it's not going to ruin your stay. From reading the forums, some really love patong, some really don't like it and some like to stay elsewhere but dip their toe in the water. It just depends on what you enjoy. Perhaps if you could give an idea of your age, type of holiday you are looking for - e.g. two week break with family or backpacker and then you might get helpful suggestions.

BB

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: patong

I agree Bella-Butterfly.

Last month we were in the same situation. We wanted a bit of everyting, we wanted to see everything and experience as much as possible without getting trampled by a stampede of people.

We chose Karon Beach because it's much, much quieter and nicer than Patong. The beach is busy but nowehere nearly as bad as Patong. There's loads of shopping in Karon and it's not more expensive than Patong. There's plenty of places to eat and an excellent nightlife too.

If you really feel that you have to go to Patong it's only a short drive (3km) away. Generally we found Patong extremely busy, smelly, it has horrible traffic and it's hard to find a decent hotel on the beach that isn't ridiculously overpriced.

Regards, Michelle.

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: patong

hey thanks alot i might try karon beach instrad it sounds a alot nicer.

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: patong

Cass, how old are you and what are you looking to do when in Phuket. Patong is certainly not full of dirty old men, there are some, but then there are some all over Thailand. If you want nightlife Patong is the place. If you stay in Karon, a nice place but too quiet for me, then you may spend time and money travelling to Patong for a good night out, before anybody says I am sure you can have a good night out in Karon also.

Mick