We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has booked their accommodation through Agoda. I am looking for any advice good or bad that can help me with my bookings.

Can't wait till June and our six week holiday to the land of smiles. This year we are going to Vietnam then Chiang Mai then Phuket then Krabi.

Only 20 more weeks but whose counting heheh.

Thanks for any info about Agoda.

Cheers

Goody

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

June is low season in Thailand and you will probably be able to get very good prices on accomodation.

I rarely use Agoda - I usually find Sawadee, Asia Rooms and Latestays cheaper. Do a search.

Went to Chang Mai not long ago and had a fantastic stay at a great guest house called Baan Orapin. You might want to check it out.

Have a great holiday!

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

Hi Goody. I find that Agoda is much more expensive, the rates look good till you get to the end and then you see all the VAT etc charges added.....then its not such a good deal. Try Hotels2thailand.com, Asiarooms.com, HotelTravels.com, wired-destinations.com, I usually book on line but this time Escape Travel have come up with better prices. So shop around and get a good deal. Good luck. Jane

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

Hi we booked with hoteltravel.com. firsly I got the best price online then I went to the site & they have a live operator to talk to online, he beat my best price by $5au per night, I got prices from all the ones mentioned (asia rooms being the cheapest until i went to hoteltravel.com) better still u dont have to pay until 2 weeks before travel & the price is set.

Good Luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

Hi,

Thanks Tvilling, Jane and Hawk for your responses. I will defineately check the other ones out.

Might even go to travel agent to see if they can come up with better prices.

I'll keep on checking.

Thanks

Cheers

Goody

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

Hi Goody,

Just do your research, some sights are dearer and some cheaper. We have booked with Agoda many times, with no problems, even had enough of their points to book into Crown Promenade here in Melbourne before Christmas!!!

They were very helpful when we had a problem with our Lanta hotel last year, and refunded our money quickly!

We have found another company called Asia Reservations, we have booked a room in KL with them and you can even call an Aus number to sort the booking out if it is complicated their prices seem quite good.

Happy Hunting!!

Luv Lindy XXX

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

I've used Agoda before and they were o.k..I got them through a website hotelscombined.com .They search through a whole load of hotel reservation websites for you, saving you a lot of hassle.Agoda don't always come out the cheapest in the searches for certain hotels.

7. Re: June 09 Holiday bookings through Agoda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 10:16