We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Forget the food - I don't really care about the food which as I understand is pretty standard fare, but is it worth it to include the buffet for the ambience of the eating hall and the surrounding lake?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

I really liked fantasea for a once off!!! Im a people watcher and man the people that they can sit in that hall was amazing. I could not believe that everyone would get fed, but to my surprise they did. There are just tabels and tabels of people. It really blew me away. So many different people from so many parts of the world. I didnt find the lake to be much of a lake.......more like a pond (well thats what i remember) but it was good to look at the fish for a while. Some were very big. We ate and still had enough time to look around.

FYI i have had much worse food then there.

I hope this helps! :)

West Aust
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

I agree with ADHoneymoon. Worth it as a 'once off' experience. I thought the food was mediocre, but it was edible. As for the atmosphere, the restaurant kind of reminded me of a HUUUUGE foodhall, albeit more upmarket, just my opinion. I was also surprised at how quickly we were able to access the buffet line and then I realised that there's more than one buffet and each buffet services a different seating area.

Cheers

Jen

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Totally agree. Do it the once. It's the biggest buffet I ave ever seen.

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Done! Thanks for all your advice guys :)

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Yes, forget the food. It is quite poor, lukewarm and you can certainly get a lot of atmsphere just by wandering around and looking at the stalls outside.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

no no no no to the food it is nothing but slops as for the hall if you have been in one hall there all the same save your money you can still look in the hall with out paying to eat there as i said save your money and may be your health as the food is slops the show is great kobrob

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Hi MaryLee, If your going to Fantasea I would say have the buffet, its worth it just to see the size of the restaurant, it seats 4000 people! They were stopping people from going in who did not have tickets for the buffet while we were there.

Cathy

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Is seeing a 4000 seat restaurant worth eating crap food? Well I guess it depends how much you enjoy food.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

Hi troops

Just food for thought if you don't want to opt for the buffet, we haven't tried it therefore can't comment.

We took the kids in '07 and organised our tickets for Fantasea through our driver Mai,this saved a lot of leg work and we got fantastic seats (not gold tickets either.) We wanted to try Pan Yaah Thai Restaurant (and pleased we did) which was on the way so Mai took us there for dinner first before arriving at Fantasea with plenty of time to enjoy the sideshow stalls and have a look around.

We enjoyed the show itself but it is a fairly late finish if you'd had a long day, particularly with kids. My recommendation would be is to organise your own transport if you want to get home/hotel within a decent time frame.

There was sooooo many buses waiting for hundreds of tourists when we went, I am so glad we chose this option. Taking into account that you need to leave your cameras etc. at the counter prior to going in, therefore waiting for others on your bus to collect their belongings on the way out, particularly if they are not in any hurry .... it could be hours before you get back to your hotel, with stops along the way!

Just my two bobs worth anyway!

Cheers

Tiff xxxx

KL,Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasea BUFFET - worth it for the atmosphere?

HI Tiff...

we're going to Phuket in march with our 3 yr old Lana.. how long exactly is the fantasea show? i'm afraid our girl wil get bored after an hour or so. are strollers allowed?? and finally, the buffet dinner is not compulsary right?