We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

california
Level Contributor
468 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

we need some quick advice: we have 3-4 free days at the end of a business trip - we orignally were planning to go to Goa but we not impressed with the resorts, etc or at least the ones we researched so we are concidering Phuket as we have always wanted to go there and being from the US this is quite far sp makes perfect sense to do it this time!

Can you please recommend abulous 5 star resorts with a great beach, modern rooms, great food, etc and not too far things - short cab ride is ok...

we need to book asap.... and we are quite overwhelmed with our short time to plan.

thank you in advance

KL
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

Hilton Arcadia Phuket

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

hi we just got back from phuket and i liked the look of the kata thani resort in kata noi, didn't stay there but the resortlooks great and the beach is beautiful. lagoona complex on bangtau beach has a few 5 star resorts bit quieter than kata but youl'l find the banyan tree and others there. i love all of phuket it's a great choice.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

Have a look at Banyan Tree, Araya Hilltops, also not sure of area but Phuket Pavillions and Trisara. Also Twinpalms Residences.

I don't think the Hilton or Katathani are what you are looking for.

brisbane
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

I don't think phuket would be good enough for you..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

Hi,

Look at the Laguna area, the only problem is it is a long way from Patong but all the big hotels are there.

We stayed at the Merlin Beach resort a couple of years ago and even though it was about a 5 min tuk tuk drive away from Patong it was a beautiful resort and fairly new. They have a shuttle bus 3 or 4 times a day.

Karon and Kata beaches are nice but about 15-20 min drive away from Patong but nice places for peace and quiet if thats what you are after.

You will have a good time regardless its up to you.

Have a great holiday.

Pauline

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

We usually stay at the Katathani but next time we are going to try Phuket Marina: http://www.marinaphuket.com/home.html

Whilst the Katathani is situated right on the beach and the outlook is stunning, it is 5 stars for its beach and grounds, not the rooms or restaurants. The rooms are very comfortable but dated. There is very little in the immediate vicinity and you have to always get tuk tuks to go into town and I would like to stay somewhere that offers the advantage of having everything on the doorstep.

I haven't looked at the Phuket Marina personally, just at the website and I have read all the reviews. It is in a good location and you can walk out the door to many shops and restaurants but from what the reviews say, it is very quiet and offers an oasis of calm once inside.

We also looked at the Chava Resort at Surin, just beautiful.

www.thechavaresort.com/accommodation.php

This resort is across the road from the beach and about a 2-3 minute walk. Beautiful beach with a lot of restaurants on the sand but it is very quiet and transport is needed to go anywhere. It is about 15-20 minutes to Patong by car. The advantage to staying here is that it is much closer to the airport but you will spend more time in going everywhere else.

It really depends on what you want to do on your stay. If you want lots of entertainment and shopping, then you would be better off staying somewhere in Patong Beach.

Lots of people on this forum have said that the Holiday Inn is very good and it is right in the heart of everything on Patong Beach, just walk out the door. I like to visit Patong whilst in Phuket but I find the pace a bit frantic and would not want to stay there as I prefer the quiet beaches at either Surin or Kata.

I hope some of this information may be of help as I know how daunting it is to choose the right property for your own needs, as what suits one may not suit another. One tip I will five you though, is don't stay at the Merlin Beach Resort. I have stayed there 3 times and the last stay was a nightmare, read my review !!

I hope you find something that you love.

Have a great trip. When are you going ?

Michelle

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

For a 5 star resort I highly recommend Mom Tris Villa Royale located on the hill between Kata and Kata Noi beaches.

Chantal

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

Hi Chantal

I did not recommend Mom Tris (my favorite hotel) as they wanted "modern" rooms and Villa Royale is traditional rather than modern.

Ange

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

Thanks Ange

Missed that. The rooms are more traditional.

Hope to see you soon.

Chantal

california
Level Contributor
468 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help!! quick advise on Phuket reosrts too many choices..

wow now we are more overwhelmed..but in a good way!! :)

there are so many wonderful resorts!!! i'll spend sometime researching them and will certainly share with you our choice!! thank you all so much for the extremely helpful information!!

PS: these resorts are exactly what we are looking for! Glad we have chosen Phuket instead of our orignal choice of Goa (for this trip anyway!)

Thanks again! :)