We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playstation 3 Games Question

jervis bay
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Playstation 3 Games Question

We just got a PS 3 today,the kids and Hubby are very excited,We live in Australia and was wondering can you buy games and accesories in Phuket?

I know there is 2 different types Pal and NTSC which one would we be.

Are there burnt games? and has anyone had any experience with them or the accesories working O.K

And finally are they much cheaper than here in OZ?

Any advise with this would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys:)

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playstation 3 Games Question

PS3 games are region free so when Im in Australia on holidays from Ireland I can buy them there and when Im in Thailand I can buy them there and the same goes for Japan and the US and so on.

They are all region free.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
449 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playstation 3 Games Question

Im sure you cannot buy pirated PS3 games but if its anything like Hong Kong the games are on average 20-30% cheaper & will work fine.

australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playstation 3 Games Question

Singapore was dearer than Australia and the few real ones we found in Phuket were no cheaper than in Australia. The copies don't work unless you have a chip (which voids your warranty).

Hawaii
Level Contributor
219 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playstation 3 Games Question

PS3 games use Blu-ray technology and as said above Blu-Ray DVD's or games are not regionally encoded so they should work fine. You may find burnt games, I have not seen any in Bangkok, but I have seen burnt Blu-Ray's. The Blu-Ray burning drive and the blank blu-rays are much more expensive then normal DVD's that's why people do not usually invest in to burning them. But like I said you may get lucky, just look around I guess. I'm sure the accessories that you find should work fine.

5. Re: Playstation 3 Games Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 05:23