We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry, but....

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry, but....

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, (I'm sure it will) but I'm at a total loss as to why so many people post how much time there is to go before their holiday. How does that post help anyone on this forum? Does it contribute any kind of travel information? No. Other posts, such as the bushfire tragedy get deleted, but one person after another posting a totally useless post about how any hours or days 'til they depart for Phuket remain on the board.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. Is it just a trend or is it actually important to someone?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Sorry, but....

G'day Everyone ,

I think its fun harmless and thanks to Bertie I relented and downloaded a countdown thingy majiggy and it tells me I have 61 days 6 hours 2 minutes 32 no 31 no 30 awwwww bugerr it seconds to go .

Or 1470 hours or 88201 minutes to go :)

And I will do a jbr and hotel review and foodies reveiw.

Cheers

Lozza

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Sorry, but....

For myself to get to Phuket I have to take a 2 hous flight, a 14 hours flight and then another 1 1/2 flight to get there so you can imagine I dont do this EVER.

I can afford to be excited because unlike people who live much closer to Phuket to get there for me is a once in a lifetime trip and as our country plummetts into the steepest recession in human history I can imagine this will be the last for a long time so I should try to be excited.

I travel within europe a lot so much so that I fly to Australia on a Wednsday but on the Monday morning I fly to Paris and back home Tuesday night to head back home to get the other suitcase to head back to another airport to fly to Australia.

I dont get excited about travel within Western Europe but I WILL get excited and tell everyone if I go anyplace else.

So far this year I have stayed in 21 different hotels and find it really boring but the opposite applies to my Australia/Phuket holiday.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Sorry, but....

I've got a countdown thingy which is so clever it now tells me how nmany days before I leave wonderful Khao Lak for cold, rainy, miserable England!!! :((

Doesn't excite me one little bit!!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Sorry, but....

I forgot to add

BOOURNS

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Sorry, but....

hi athena,

if your there in may and get excited you can buy me a drink.

cheers

mike

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Sorry, but....

28 days later.

No, not the zombie film but when Revolver Ocelot will be on a beach in Phuket. I feel I must share this with EVERYONE!

Who needs facebook!