We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches i thailand

nashville, tn
7 posts
Save Topic
beaches i thailand

we are planning a trip to thailand (bangkok and a beach) and malaysia ( singapore and maybe a beach). i need advice on area beaches. we are close to 40 years old, without kids and love a quiet, non-partying environment. the nicest and most empty beach is what im looking for. help.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
230 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches i thailand

Stay at Karon beach or Kata,south of patong on Phuket.I love Karon

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches i thailand

Time of year is important, weather seasons change from mid to late April until October.

Are you planning to fly on from Thailand to Malaysia and Singapore or were you thinking about doing a mix perhaps of train and air ? You can do Bangkok and a beach and then fly or train on to Malaysia depending which beach you stay and where you are heading to in Malaysia ?

Also tell us if you want to laze on the beach or whether things like snorkeling are imprtant, do you like national parks, rivers, caves etc or simply R&R at the beach, it all helps.

Time of year again very important.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches i thailand

Are you asking about Thailand generally or specifically Phuket?

If the latter, Nai Yang.... but I'm sure there's more choice in the rest of Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches i thailand

In Phuket I would recommend Nai Thon for a nice quiet beach.

There are also nice quiet beaches in Langkawi, Malaysia.

nashville, tn
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches i thailand

we are going in december and january for about 3 weeks. the itinerary is open. i was thinking west to east and north to south, but it doesnt really matter. plus i havent checked out flights yet.

nashville, tn
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches i thailand

it doesnt mater. just the nicest beaches. but i was thinking phuket. we are going in december/january. i guess that makes a difference on the beach choice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches i thailand

My husband and I stayed on Surin at the Twin Palms, which lovely and very quite. We also stayed on Bang Tao (?) at the JW Marriott, which was also quite....but you dont really get the Thai flavor that you do closer to town. The beaches on Phuket are phenomenal! You can't make a bad choice.....

UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beaches i thailand

Kata noi beach is wounderfully quiet as well much quieter than kata and karon, nicer place to relax and great views and place to chill out.

But with thailand there are so many

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beaches i thailand

Would you like to be centrally located and close to restaurants shops etc or completely isolated??

Kata Noi Beach is great but yet close to a few shops restaurants etc..

10. Re: beaches i thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 05:24