We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Warwickshire
10 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Hi all

I am getting married July 09 at Laguna wedding chapel, Phuket, Thailand. We are then holding reception at Laguna beach resort fo approx 20 guests.

Has anybody got any tips or photos of there special day to give me an idea. Iv searched different sites but it isnt the same as speaking to someone who has done it.

I am also finding it hard to find where is best to have hair and make up done as the hotel is quite expensive. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Would appreciate whatever help people can give.

Many thanks Nikki

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Hi Nikkis86

Congratulations on the wedding, Laguna is beautiful.

Regarding hair and make-up I can recommend Lisa Allen .. she is experienced from the UK and has been doing hair and makeup for weddings. She also has a huge stock of the best make-up.

Her website is not up yet but if you send her an email she can send you some portfolio shots.

Also she will come to you at the Laguna, in fact she just did a wedding party there last week.

lisa@makeupartistphuket.com

Have a great holiday!

chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

I am staying at Laguna Beach Resort now. Checked out rooms on ground floor - they reek of mold and mildew from the tsunami, yes, 5! Yrs. ago. We are on third floor, ocean view and those rooms smell very bad but not as bad as ground floor. I'm here on a weekend and there are many, many kids, lots of babies/strollers, etc.

Just be aware it's quite family oriented.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

There is also a fantastic hair dresser and make up place right outside the laguna gates. Beauty Today is its name - alot of us Westerners here get our hair done there!No web address but thier email is oyphuket@gmail.com - Ladies name is Oy, they also do nails, waxing - everything beauty.

Fantastic place to get married - We honeymooned here 17 years ago, and have now returned to live! We loved it that much!

My biggest tip for any bride is hold your boquet low not high - looks much better in photos... Oh - and get photos on the beach at sunset with the long boats in the background...

Drop me a line if you need anything else!

Warwickshire
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Thank you all for your advice.

Will definatley get in touch with them salons. Cant wait now only 4 months to wait!

NY
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Lisa did my make-up and hair for my wedding recently.

I can highly recommend her.

She's is very knowledgeable and is nice with it to.

Burton Upon Trent
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Congratulations Nikki!

I am sure you will have a really wonderful wedding at The Laguna Chapel. My husband and self have been staying in Thailand for 10 years now and are now the very proud owners of a second home in Laguna (to get to the beach I walk through any of the hotels) The first hotel we ever stayed at was The Laguna Beach; and I have watched a couple of weddings taking place there over the years - they make it very magical and the staff are wonderful.

Re: makeup etc, I would definitely recommend Oy and her partner from Beauty Today, she does lots of make-up and hair for surrounding hotels. I often go to her salon when we are staying in Laguna. Prices are not cheap even in the salon though - my hair is the same price to be coloured as in UK.

I wouldn't let the "damp smell" comments worry you too much - we stayed at The Laguna Beach Hotel 10 DAYS after the Tsunami and had a great stay...... I would definitely go with the suggestion of photos on the beach at sunset - try to get the hotels baby elephant with you too. If you visit "Beauty Today" walk another 30yards and go to "Carnation Massage" you get a really good massage for one hour for 400bt, which is very different in price to the hotels!! You must drink and eat on the Beach - again much cheaper than hotels - try Tatonka Restaurant in local village - world class and cheaper than U.K.

http://www.phuket.com/tatonka/location.htm they come and pick you up FOC........oh theres lots more I could enthuse about - email me if you want any more info - I've got a few months hard work in uk before I can go back to paradise....cherry@craythorne.co.uk

Gold Cost, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

hi there

My partner and I are also planning our weddin at Laguna wedding chapel, we havent started our planning for 2010, but just wondering aprox how much you spent as we will ahve similar numbers (for chapel and reception)

Thank you!!

Warwickshire
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Not sure in total how much it has cost yet as not paid final balance yet!!!Once that has been paid will let you know.We have had a package deal with Laguna Beach resort an they are doing the food after the ceremony.They are really helpful so just give them an email.

Thank you everyone for all your replys and advice. Have been in touch with Lisa Allen and she seems brilliant, really helpful. Have booked her in for my wedding hair and makeup.

Nikki

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Hi Nikki

I'm getting married in Phuket in January, would you mind giving me you opinion on Lisa Allen's hair and makeup. Or if you don't mind sharing a photos that would be great.

Thanks

Natalie

Warwickshire
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Laguna Wedding Chapel,Phuket

Hi Natalie

Lisa is absolutley lovely, she made me feel so much at ease and couldnt do enough for me. She has a website set up now its www.makeupartistphuket.com

The hair and make up she does is also brilliant. There are some pictures of me on her website or if you send me your email i will send pictures i have. Where are you getting married?

Nikki