We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Chennai
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Can you suggest a safe place for a single girl to stay in the Karon/Kata area? How would In On the Beach or Centara villas or Centara Kata beach be? I am there to do my diving course. Is it safe to go out alone although not at night. Thank you!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Its very safe if you exercise common sense and normal precautions. My personal favourite for hotels in Kata is Kata Beach Resort. The biggest danger you'll face is mototbike madness!

Thailand
Level Contributor
815 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Very very safe if you use your common sense. Treat the area at night like you would in a Western country, ie... no go walking on the beach alone, drunk at 2 in the morning etc...

During the day, perfectly safe. Just watch out for the traffic though.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Hi If you stay at Kata Beach resort you are also nearly across the street from Phuket Scuba Club..

They also stay open late and many of their students hang out there till about 8 or 9pm.

www.phuket-scuba-club.com

YOu can also Private mEssage Ring0 as she is the owner and is on this forum.

Alternatively and on the same road is katasunbeach.com

I think In On the Beach is a bit isolated if you are very worried as it is off a main road and not on a main road.

Bristol
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

I have stayed at In on the Beach several times - my favourite place. A few minutes walk from Karon Centre and directly on the beach. The nice thing about it is that everybody makes you feel so welcome, and nothing is too much trouble. You do feel part of a family so being single doesn't mean being alone!

Chennai
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

Thank you so much everyone!

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

On ehich dates are you actually going?

7. Re: safe place for a single girl to stay in Karon/Kata area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 11:18