We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket weather in August/September

Auckland
2 posts
Save Topic
Phuket weather in August/September

Live in NZ and would like to visit Phuket in August/Sept - Can anyone advise me on which would be the better month for weather? Thanks

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

Both these months are right in the rainy season. But it does not rain for more than an hour or so at a time.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

Hmm, I don't know about only an hour at a time. Some days it does rain all day, I can't remember which month though, probably September.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

Monthly Rainwater according to them:

http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N07E098+2100+48564W

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

September is more than August, both are low season, hotels are at the cheapest. December to April is best time.

Does it have to be Phuket ? If you are looking for better weather the islands and beaches on the Gulf side better weather however hotels would be more as very busy time of year for Koh Samui etc

Phuket 30 year averages rainfall, days, temperature etc

www.tmd.go.th/EN/province_stat.php…

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

November onwards would be a lot better for Phuket if you could manage that time.

30 years averages for Koh Samui / Phangan / Kot Tao area, you can see there is quite a difference

www.tmd.go.th/EN/province_stat.php…

Auckland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

Hi Monica, thank you very much for your replies. I never really considered Koh Samui but will check out flights and hotels etc. Is the transfer from Bangkok roughly the same as Bangkok to Phuket? Unfortunately,we are pretty much committed to August/September so we must decide pretty soon on where to go. Thanks again.

7. Re: Phuket weather in August/September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 11:18