We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - at the moment

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - at the moment

Hi just wondering what the weather is like at the moment in Phuket.

singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - at the moment

I'll let you know tomorrow. heading there tonight

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - at the moment

Kayjuk - keep us posted, I was planning on going down this week but have changed so probably next week. At th moment the forecast looks fine.

london
Level Contributor
331 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - at the moment

It seems the rainy season has started early and Phuket has had its wettest March in a long time.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - at the moment

I am always very cautious if I have to fly down during the rainy season, I never like flying in rough weather so I monitor closely.

Many here seem to very lucky indeed with low season weather, when we lived in Phuket or I need to go down mid-year I think the weather must have something against me personally :) LOL

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - at the moment

Will be in Patong from 11th April so I want sunshine like last year - hot & humid with the occasional thunder storm.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - at the moment

In Karon....very hot, humid and sunny for the last week with high passing cloud, then a welcome short late afternoon storm which makes for a fresher night.

Just about perfect IMO.

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - at the moment

That's what I want to hear sun sun sun. Want that tan !!

Last year we spent from 8th April to 25th April in Bangkok & Phuket and had perfect weather. This time we are bringing my sons friend (first time out of Australia) so I want good weather.

Tokyo
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather - at the moment

all the weather forecasts on the web I can find say next week (April 5th - 10th) will be nothing but rain... I'm heading to Koh Lanta tomorrow so a bit worried...

I've never been to the Krabi area before, anyone have more detail on what the weather looks to be like?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather - at the moment

Just don't trust the weather forecasts, complete unreliable, they predict thunderstorms every day of the year.

Tokyo
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather - at the moment

very good to know, thank you! Will bring a few books to read just in case!