We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket with a 4yr old in July

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket with a 4yr old in July

Hi,

just wondering where would be a good place to stay with a 4yr old in July. I think the main requirement would be a great pool as our 4yr old loves swimming and does it well.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in July maybe even with slides into the pool if there is anywhere, HI looks like it will have quite a few reno's going on at that time.

I have been considering the following.

Holiday inn

Hilton arcadia

Merlin beach resort

Patong Merlin resort

Courtyard Marriott kamala

Courtyard Marriott surin

katathani

Horizon karon and Patong

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - it has been 6yrs since I was last there.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

If on a budget: Kata Palm in Kata, Thara Patong in Patong. Doesn't look like you're on a budget, but you could always get the best rooms.

Patong Merlin has great pools, one of the few where you can run and dive into. Great spot, too. Go for a pool view room.

Duangjitt has big pools and many like the large grounds for kids to run around in. Two story family suite available for around $240 per night inc. breakfast - that's good value. Also gets mixed reviews, not favoured by Aussies. Often gets down to the room.

Centara Kata has a waterslide, but gets it's fair share of bad reviews also.

Word of warning, many pools, all over it seems, have broken tiles with sharp edges. Don't expect the OH&S you get back home. One pool at Patong Merlin has slippery tiles with no grip at all. Fine if you know about it, just be aware.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

I can highly recommend the Phuket Orchid Hotel in Karon. It has a great kids pool with slide etc. Check out my review of it!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

Merlin Beach has great pools. We are just back from there and found that the resort was nearly empty - and so were the pools. One section of the pools are devoted to kids, with all kinds of fun things built into the water area; another area has a gently graded "beach" area, although this is also close to the swim up bar, and the staff told us that kids were not allowed in this area of the pool. It didn't seem to stop families with kids though... There is also another section of the hotel with rooms built directly around the pool. This is a little more secluded and not the kind of rooms I would choose if I had children - I don't think the people staying in these rooms would appreciate kids on their doorsteps - I know I wouldn't if it was me.

Merlin Beach also has a small secluded beach, with a lovely sandy bottom in high tide but a very rocky bottom in low tide.

The only concern I'd have is that Merlin Beach is quite a way out of Patong, and although the hotel does run a shuttle, the times are not always convenient. It was a truly lovely place to stay at for a first time visitor to Patong, but in future, I think I would be staying at the Patong Merlin.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

July is low season so you should get plenty of good deals - Centara Kata, good kids club and facilities, though a walk to the beach, stay 12 nights pay 6 night deal. Courtyard by Marriott at Kamala has kids club, water slide etc, short walk to beach, has 1 2 and 3 bedroom apartment style accommodation.

If you get bad weather though you might feel a bit isolated as being July would be relatrively quiet at Kamala area.

There are also deals at places up in the Laguna area plus the other beaches.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

All I'd recommend is choose the one with the best kids club, as the time of year you are going it's going to be wet some of the time. So if the kids are happy you are too.

6. Re: Phuket with a 4yr old in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 02:20