We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi island and Krabi

singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi island and Krabi

For Phi Phi Island and Krabi tour,can it be done in one day? or must i do it separate days? which is the best way to tour both island,by cruise,speed boat? no staying on this island,just day tour.Next question for Phi Phi island,there r 2 islands,which is the popular one,the don or the ley?

Can any one help me pls

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi island and Krabi

Phi Phi Don is where the resorts and township are located, Phi Phi Ley is the one where the Beach was filmed and there are no resorts or shops there (well there is a little Kiosk and you can camp there in arranged tour groups).

Both are popular and most day trips will take you to both, maybe an hour on Phi Phi Ley to swim and relax then lunch and shopping time over on Phi Phi Don Tonsai Bay.

Both worth a visit.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
890 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi island and Krabi

If you try to see both Phi Phi islands AND around Krabi in one day, there's no way you are going to see it all.

Phi Phi is beautiful (especially Phi Phi Ley)

Railay beach (near Krabi) is also very very beautiful. (nicer IMO) and has 3 beaches although one is not so nice but Ton Sai (a rock climbers mecca is not far away)

That does not get you to Ao Nang which has their own long beach and touristy things. Nor does it even put you into Krabi town.

If you rent a speedboat and try to see it all in one day, sure you can see the highlights (Phi Phi Ley, Railay and Pranang beaches) but you will miss many small islands in between, and the other places i mentioned above.

My brother would try to do it. I wouldn't.

3. Re: Phi Phi island and Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 05:25