We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Hotel Alternatives

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Hotel Alternatives

My fiance and I are scheduled to stay at the Aleenta in June for our honeymoon. We've seen a couple of recent poor reviews about the food and service. So, we are going to look into some possible alternatives for staying at another hotel in Phuket (I know Aleenta is just off the island).

Basically, we are looking for a luxurious hotel geared towards couples that is on the beach. We have our own private pool villa at Aleenta and would like for the same for our new hotel. We want to spend between 300-450 USD/night for 7 nights.

We also would like chairs and umbrellas on the beach and a few great food options. Drink service would be a plus.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

brisbane
Level Contributor
524 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

everybody has their own things hey want for sure...but just to hear something from a different perspective: You are really missing out on a marvellous, real, experience by cloistering yourselves in a 'luxury resort'..especially if you are on a resort off the island..You are really missing Thailand and will see and experience nothing.

To provide perspective US$ 400 is about 14,000 baht a night. Official figures (2008) for a Health Worker in Thailand show that that worker earns 10,800 baht A MONTH! So we are really ostracising ourselves from local humanity when we spend outrageous amounts like that...and the local 'humanity' is so wonderful. This is the tropics...get a tan..wear a sarong..eat bananas on the beach watching the local boys play volley ball at sunset (Patong)....Nai Harn beach is lovely and partially secluded..Patong is vibrant..Surin has lovely restaurents on the beach..the people are extraordinary and money puts a barrier between us and them. It's definitely not New York here..people WANT totalk to you...ps Cheers (plse don't take offence) and have fun....M

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

It is difficult to find luxury hotels right on the beach in Phuket.

Look at Hilltops - they have a pool villas with great views but on on the beach. Surin

Mom tri Villa Royale has a pool villa - but once again not right on the beach. Kata Noi

The Racha - which is on an island has pool villas (101) is on the beach.

June is not the best time for swimming at many of the beaches due to strong under tow.

Best upmarket dining options probably at Surin. All places have great local food.

Hope this helps

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

The top luxury hotels in Phuket are Amanpuri and Trisara. Both are on the beach. Both are exquisite and of a class higher than Aleenta. You MIGHT get lucky and find that for June you can manage to get them within your budget.

Should those two luxury options not be suitable, you could look at the very nice Sarojin in Khao Lak, or in Phuket Mom Tri's and Mom Tri's Villa Royale, and maybe Anantara. None of these are comparable with Amanpuri or Trisara, but are still very nice options.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Have a look at the Pool Villas at the Anantara or Sala Phuket or a beachfront Pool Villa at Andaman White Beach ( about B 7,000 in June ), there are plenty of Phuket luxury hotels and pool villas. For June though had you considored Koh Samui for better weather or does it have to be Phuket area ? Plenty of honeymoon and romantic style beach resorts and places with jacuzzi or pool rooms.

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to look into some of these and possibly consider Koh Samui. I already have my flight from Bangkok to Phuket but I'll see if changing it is an option. The better weather is enticing but is there as much to do in Koh Samui as Phuket?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
593 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Check out the Chedi Resort. Located next door to the Amanpuri. The Chedi Resort, like the Amanpuri are built on a hillside, overlooking a private beach.

Accommodations are bungalows built on the hillside.

http://www.chediphukethotel.com/

Nightly rate should fit into your budget..

Cheers.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Last August we stayed at the Amanpuri on Pansea Beach and it was amazing. The rates may be a little higher than your listed budget but with the economic situation you could get lucky. The Chedi next door looks nice and shares the same beautiful beach and you can always visit the Amanpuri as they have two very nice restaurants, one Thai and one Italian and a very nice bar. Enjoy

London
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

hi , my fianance and i are also going in june and have booked a spa pool villa at the banyan tree resort- it is in the lagoon area where al lthe luxury hotels are based.

THere are villas that are beach facing and you can literally walk out on to the beach....... check out the hotel website www.banyantree.com/en/phuket/index.html

happy hunting...

sydney
Level Contributor
123 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Whats wrong with Twin Palms they have good deals for june ??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Hotel Alternatives

Twin Palms is a very nice hotel, however it is not on a beach. It is across the road and a small "field" from Surin Beach. Surin Beach is a public beach and is fairly close to Pansea Beach, however Pansea Beach is nicer and not crowded as it may only be accessed from the Chedi or Amanpuri resorts.