We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Western Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Hi,

I was wondering if the Patong Merlin has inroom safes?

I have heard otherwise...

And would they come highly recommended?

Cheers

Shereeski

australia
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Hi

yes the Patong Merlin has room safes, i have stayed there 3 times ad used the room safe and never had a problem

regards

jb

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Yep, same here, nothing taken. I have read that some rooms there don't have a safe, but ours did.

I'm a little paranoid and found I could put my stash inside my passport wallet and wedge it inside top-lip of the safe.

Actual passports and big money we left in the hotel safety deposit boxes at reception. The girls there would roll their eyes and mutter swear words under their breath whenever we wanted to access the box (maybe 3 times in total). Like they had anything better to do. Reception staff there are terrible (so much for first impressions), but the cleaning and restaurant staff were nice.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

thanks wildo,

I sound a little like you, I get bit paranoid too!! haha!!

I would have thought the ones in the reception would be less safe...they have the other key!!

good to have both options tho

Cheers!

Shereeski

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Hi Shereeski,

Safety deposit boxes are accessed with 2 keys you keep one and the staff the other, for added security they also have provision for a small padlock. If you take a good quality small padlock with you and use it then you are the only one that can access it.

Cheers,

Pete.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

Yes stayed twice, 3rd time coming up in 8 weeks & we never had a problem with the room safes

RB2
Perth WA
Level Contributor
648 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

The in room safes are quite new to the Patong Merlin and were done building by building as they were getting renovated.

In the 2 times out of 8 visits that we have had an in room safe we have not had a problem.

The girls that do your room are lovely as are the rest of the staff, must agree with wildo tho and I have mentioned this before that the girls at reception could do with a happy pill. Other than that it is a great hotel to stay in and you will have a ball....Ronnie.

7. Re: In room safes @ Patong Merlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 06:18