We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

The Perth online budget travel agent Bestflights (www.bestflights.com.au) have RIPPED US OFF. We were caught up in the Bangkok Airport fisaco in Dec08 and booked ThaiAir flights with Bestflights. In the end we had to cancel the ticket as Thai cancelled all flights and best flights ended up charging us a $460 cancellation fee per person to "cover their costs" - this included for an infant ticket which only cost $440 in total to purchase. these guys are scammers!! and to top it off, after their dopey consultants told us they were including Thai cancellation fees in the total a Bestflights manager stonewalled us and told us bare-faced lies that these fees were not included...

we actually rebooked our tickets through Bestflights the same day with minimal effort from their consultants, so they then took a whole lot more commissions and fees from us and have steadfastly refused to provide any refund. they do not return calls or provide consistent or beleivable info to the point of outright lying to us. this level of customer service is unbelievable and i would be surprised if these guys are around for much longer if they keep this up - unbeleivable!

Would urge you all not to use this company for anything as they are prepared to lie and backtrack on statements they have made previously... they will fight for every dollar and really dont care about customers at all... if nothing goes wrong, i'm sure they are fine but if something does happen (which is entirely possible at the moment) they will ripp you off

DO NOT USE BESTFLIGHTS FOR ANYTHING - THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF IF THEY EVEN HAVE HALF A CHANCE...

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Apart from posting this issue in every Forum you can find, have you seriously tried to approach Consumer Affairs of WA, Thai Airways, the Travel Agents Federation or even management of Bestflights formally by letter or through a legal representative?

You are obviously aggrieved and have hit a brick wall dealing with this Agency and it seems rightly so.

Don't get angry, get even :-) Write to the Company and demand a settlement, then Consumer organisations and Gov't authorities to have the matter adjudicated.

Make sure any letters you write state all the facts clearly, with copies of any documents which may be relevant. With the facts set out clearly, then make your demands clearly and succinctly. Issue a "reply required date" so you can take it to the next level when needed.

Don't rant and rave or make threats. If your blood boils as you write, save the document and come back to it when you have cooled off. Emotional rants rarely get results, clearly written problems with obvious demands and paths to resolution do work. Remember time is on your side, work methodically, keep all records and make notes of any phone conversations AS they happen :-)

If you have rights that have been ignored you will prevail in the end,

Hope it goes well, and don't forget to update us as each step happens, Cheerz Wabster.

Brisvegas
Level Contributor
117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Excellent advice Wabster - I concur totally.

Vaije - did you not have travel insurance? I would have thought the cancelled flights etc would have been covered.... If you did have travel insurance then I'd be getting in touch with the insurer.

London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

You may find it all comes back to Thai Airways.

We had booked with them London - Bangkok - Krabi - Bangkok - London in November.

When they cancelled the flights due to the protests we lost the return Krabi - Bangkok leg and had to buy coach tickets to travel from Krabi to Bangkok.

They had then decided they would only fly to Copenhagen and Frankfurt in Europe and we had to buy onward travel to get home from Frankfurt.

This is against the law and so far (5 months later) they are still refusing to refund us the extra £400 it cost to buy flights from Frankfurt - London. We also haven't had a refund for the Krabi - Bangkok leg of the journey either - they are claiming force majeure on this one so don't have to pay.

The Air Transport Users Council have taken this up for us and have hit a stonewall as well.

And insurance for us was useless as they can hide behind force majeure.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE CROOKS!! In the event that you cancel your flight, they will take the lot.

I just cancelled a domestic flight (4 people). They have charged me a "CANCELLATION" fee EQUAL to the amount paid for each ticket!!!!

I just called the airline in Greece - they have refunded the whole amount - BESFLIGHTS.COM.AU HAVE TAKEN THE LOT! I AM OUT OF POCKET $1000.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! KEEP AWAY FROM THIS RIPP OFF COMPANY. You have been warned.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Do what Wabster suggests , he has really good advice!!

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

I guess you've tried ringing them and speaking to them? Hope you didnt just settle for operator and escalated it to a supervisor?

They have a land office:

Street Address:

299 Vincent Street,

Leederville Perth 6007

Know anyone in Perth?

Their cancellation policy is not clear, especially for your situation:

Amendments And Cancellation Fees

We reserve the right to charge a minimum amendment fee of AUD$65 per person on International departures for each change to a confirmation of booking, this is in addition to any fees charged by the travel provider. The minimum charge for Domestic booking amendment is $90 in addition to the increase in fare and taxes. For Virgin Blue or Jetstar changes clients must contact the airlines directly.

We also reserve the right to charge a minimum cancellation fee of AUD $165 per person for International departures which will be in addition to any charges made by the travel provider, which in some cases can be the loss of the full amount you have paid.

Refunds of monies can take a minimum 12 weeks to obtain from the travel provider.

Please note that many travel providers treat passenger name changes and itinerary alterations as a FULL CANCELLATION and as such these changes can incur full cancellation charges.

All travel providers charge amendment and cancellation fees. Best Flights will not take responsibility for clients who do not take out comprehensive Travel Insurance cover for all bookings.

There must be somebody you can complain too? Good luck. Sharyn

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Could also take 5 minutes to read terms and conditions as stated on Australia forum where an old thread has also been brought back, instead of being expected to be baby sat on a forum by others who have better things to do.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Huh? Blimey a bit harsh!

I'm assuming that the second poster has googled bestflights & complaints or something and found this original post. I'd be ticked too - they are just trying to spread the word.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
454 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

Take these bad comments with a pinch of salt both posters rubbishing this company have 6 posts between them and all on this topic.

They may be legit or they are more likely the opposition(and probably the same person).

Just my 2 cents

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bestflights.com.au: Do not book travel through Bestflights

I do see what you mean Crusader - but the same could also apply if these posters were genuine. Both sets of posts were done on the same day - I imagine I would be really ticked when this happened and would post everywhere I could think of. But the first has never posted again so maybe they did get a favourable outcome - its annoying when conclusions arent posted!!

As to the veracity of the posts - any opinion (and really that's what TA is all about) I see in the internet (except from a v. reputable organisation) I do not take as a concrete fact.

I realise our jolly friend from Cairns is concerned about the content of TA but I think the people who read & search TA ought to be assumed to have a reasonable level of intelligence and credited with the ability to apply critical thinking.

And that's my 5 cents (we dont have 2c here anymore!) cheers Sharyn

PS By training I am a librarian - accuracy, critical analysis and information retention are part of my credo.