We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laguna phuket hotel

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
laguna phuket hotel

Please can someone recommend/ advise us on a nice hotel or accomodation on or near to the Laguna Phuket. My best mate is getting married there in mid-November 2009 and we are hoping to stay for 7 nights. It is not essential to stay actually on the Laguna (had considered Dusit Thani) or is there a gem nearby...not the Banyan Tree though - too dear!!! Many thanks

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laguna phuket hotel

There is not many choices in that area as Laguna takes up the prime real estate around there from what i can see. But...........

I had a friend who came to the Laguna marathon last year and found a hotel for him at Surin beach which is not too far away.

The place he stayed was called Manathai and was very nice. I was impressed with his room. I think he got the best room they had (suite) for around 3,000 baht a night. (that was in low season)

I was quite impressed with his room.

Of course you would need transportation to get over to Laguna whenever your friend's have something going on.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laguna phuket hotel

Going in the other direction (north), The Indigo Pearl is very nice.

I believe it is a 5 star hotel for around 5,000 baht.

Again, transport back to Laguna will be a problem unless you rent a car. (not a bad idea if you are ok with driving in Thailand and not drinking)

Bolwarra
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: laguna phuket hotel

I stayed in the Laguna Beach resort in April last year and it was excellent, especially if you have a young family.

If you aren't that keen on swimming in the ocean and prefer resorts/hotels swimming pools then Laguna Beach resort has an excellent swimming pool complex.

All the hotels in the laguna complex are walking distance from eachother, also there is a free water taxi frequenting the hotels via the lagoon.

The hotels are all easily accessible from the beach and there are quite afew nice resturants and bars along the beach.

All the hotels in the laguna complex seemed nice, there's nothing stopping you checking them out so we wandered around them all.

The night life is pretty quite, although if you are there with a wedding party no doubt you can have a good time at one of the many small bars along the beach.

Hope this was some help....

tasmania
Level Contributor
358 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laguna phuket hotel

my husband & I will be there in june staying at Indigo Pearl which I think is near by. All reports are great but I will write after we have been & advise how we found it. We are also staying south in Horizon Karon Beach and are thinking from reading reports that Indigo Pearl will be the nicer. We shall see.

Nette

5. Re: laguna phuket hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:32