We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Weather in Sept?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Phuket Weather in Sept?

Looking for some advice on this. Read some reviews where they say best avoided at this time as rainy season.

Don't mind a bit of rain as long as it is mixed in with some sunshine!

Can anyone give me any advice if this is the case?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Weather in Sept?

Rain in September will be quite heavy and persistent. Its deep in the monsoon season. Your clear weather will be there but mostly cloudy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Weather in Sept?

We went to Phuket last week of Sept last year - only one morning of rain - the remaining days were fantastic.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Weather in Sept?

Yes it's hit or miss.

The weather has been quite abnormal worldwide lately, aye? I don't think you can count on anything being normal, especially in Sept.

I know many locals prefer low season or rainy season or monsoon season or whatever you want to call it.

The cloudy weather can be a plus compared to hot and sunny days when it's just too hot to go out in the afternoon.

The rain keeps things green and clean. (except for mud)

But the biggest thing is the traffic, and uncrowded restaurants, bars, shopping malls, gas station lines, all of that.

I would prefer Sept to Dec for those reasons^

(hey it can rain in Dec too)

4. Re: Phuket Weather in Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 06:24