We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

Hi we leave in 2 weeks for Karon beach Phuket, so excited, can anyone tell me how much rain/storms is happening over there the last few days & today. (we were there this time last year & only had occassional early morning sun shower or late arvo rain.) Fingers crossed it is like that ( I know we are going in the wet season but just would like an update from a local? WIll probably ask again 2 days before we leave? Thanks, await reply 3irls

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

Partly cloudy today.

Sun is shining right now. (but was behind a cloud 15 minutes ago)

We had some periods of rain for a few hours yesterday and the day before.

It can be raining in Karon and sunny in Nai Harn.

C'mon and enjoy it all.

western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

Have a look at this site. It is a live cam from The Marina resort looking out on the beach at the southern end of Karon.

http://www.marinaphuket.com/live.php

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

In between a few clouds it is hot and sunny today...so hot that I am going for my swims at The Hilton now. Having said that it does look like we will get a shower later today.

Enjoy your holiday!

Chantal.

australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

thanks all, trip advisor is the best, you can always rely on fast reliable info!!!!! We are definately coming & enjoying........ Be happy***** Please keep us posted with the storms.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

The shower that threatened did not happen, still very hot this evening. Just had some people walk in the shop tonight complaining about the heat. Just cant keep everybody happy....jeez!!! :))

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

We were there 11 days. First two cloudy/overcast with sunny breaks, just lovely. Third day clear sunshine. You pray for some cloud cover, believe me. About the same air temperature, but the sun just bakes !

Fourth day rain all day - who cares, went shopping. It's still warm.

Fifth day, overcast and dull, with long rain periods. We went for a walk in the rain, it was fantastic, up until my shirt was sticking to my body. It still wasn't cold. Locals thought we were nuts. I miss the rain (I'm from Melbourne, 8 years of drought).

The rest of the days were mostly overcast, with heavy rain overnight, but only occasionally during the day.

Nothing nicer than a cappuccino at the euro coffee shop, watching it pelt down for an hour or so. So Melbourne in the seventies. Sigh.

We had one other clear sunny day - hated it, that sun was just too strong.

We both came back as brown as chestnuts.

7. Re: weather in Phuket (Karon beach) today?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 06:17