We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

karachi
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

I want to book accomodation for my 7 days visit to Phuket during the month of June. My preferences are:

1) Budget accomodation (not more than 4000 baht per night)

2) Accomodation in a cottage / hut at a place with some natural setting (near hill, rainforest etc) but with some nice furniture / basic facilities - DO NOT WANT TO STAY IN ANY HOTEL WITH WELL CONSTRUCTED BUILDING.

3) Anywhere in Phuket but preferably near hustle and bustle. (beachfront not necessary)

Probably I am demanding too much, but looking forward to any kind advises in this regard.

Bernay, France
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

Is there any hotel, near natural setting or rainforest left near hustle and bustle in Phuket ? Not near construction site of course and below 4000 B/ night. That's what you are looking for ?

The places I know could fit in your budget, have nice grounds but not near rainforest in Phuket and certainly not near hustle and bustle.

That type of accomodation could may be still be found in Krabi, Ko Lanta, Khao Lak and PhangNa area, but I 'am not really sure about Phuket

karachi
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

Ya this is what I am looking for. Any suggestions for Phuket. Rainforest is not must but it should be a resort (hut/cottage style) and not a high rise building. Thanks.

Phuket
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

This hotel they are on the hill but I'm not sure about the price and you will like or not just want to help you to find the good place for your holiday. It's Baan Yin dee and Amari Coral Beach.

www.baanyindee.com

www.amari.com/coralbeach/

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
889 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

Finding a bungalow, near the jungle in Phuket is possible.

Finding one near the hustle and bustle of nightlife, shopping, beaches, bars, etc. is not easy.

Especially on Phuket.

I would check out Baan Krating Jungle Beach Resort.

It is right next door to Ao Sane (which is much more rustic but little to no amenities.

Big difference in prices between the two.

But, for hustle and bustle, you will need at least a motorbike as it is remote.

I believe there may be some huts of the style you are looking for up around Nai Yang beach (near the airport)

But since i don't like the sound of airplanes landing and taking off so close by, i haven't checked them out.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Your question is a tough one.

Over at Railay beach or Koh Lanta, or Koh Prangnan, or nearer to Krabi, there are more of these kind of places.

5. Re: Budget Accomodation in natural settings / rainforest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 05:42