We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

I want to spoil my wife with a luxury stay in Phuket in August at tow different places.

can you recommend places with great rooms, excellent food,nice pools, and direct access to a pristine beach.

I was thinking of mom tri villa but have heard rooms getting tired. Other options Indigo, amanpuri (but seems very expensive).

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
900 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

I don't consider Indigo Pearl at less than $200 a night to be expensive for what i consider a luxury hotel.

I believe it is 1/2 off or more from Mom Tri Villa.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

The lucky thing is that rates are at about their lowest around that time. I think Mom Tri's because you get the service and style.

What about the Royal Phuket Yacht Club at Nai Harn, around AU$ 110 a night is quite a bargain, deluxe around AU$ 145, Junior Suite AU$ 182 but, very quiet at that time no doubt.

Mom Tris' stay 4 pay 3 works out about AU$ 135. Katathani Junior suite probably around AU$ 175,

If you did Mom Tri's you also get the superb cuisine, as always it comes down to what you can afford.

On the hillside at the north end of Karon Centara villas ( it's a walk way down to the beach )

www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com/pool-villas.html

you could get ocean view villa for about AU$ 142, Spa villa AU$ 202 , stay 3 pay 2 deal including breakfast on free nights, so a spa villa would work out AU$ 135, or go for a top range Pool Villa AU$ 292, but stay 3 nights, pay 2 nights works out at AU$ 194 ( 5m x 3m pool ) plus have a good spa.

The walkway take you down onto the beach at the north end of Karon.

www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com/top-20.html

Lots of rates have come down and change, try but don't go by those rates as I think they are pre recent rate changes

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

That's on the 'from' rates on the top 20 page, but go to the specific hotel and you get the up to date rate, click on AU$ and you get the up to the minute rate based on current exchange THB AU$

Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Thanks.

What would you reccomend luxury value for money out of :

Twinpalms, Mom tri villa royals, Indigo etc.

Any others i may have left off.

By way beach access very important as well.

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

try Woraburi phuket resort & spa luxury hotel they have half price at the moment through Agoda.com

l have just booked 5nts $206.00aust.

(free shuttle bus to patong 5mins)

another is Naiya buree in Nai Harm 4nts 3423 baht

book through hotelthailand.com

Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Thank you all for your advise it seems that mom tri with its food is a good option

what about the amans, or Banyon or are they overpriced

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Hi there, We recently stayed at Mom Tri's Villa Royale for a couple of nights in their Beach Wing Suite room. The room was definately not tired looking at all, it was beautiful. We enjoyed it there so much we are thinking of spending a few more days there in August.

I took about 100 photos of the room and surrounds etc they are on the link below.

…google.com/CathyandGary/MomTriSVillaRoyale

They have some fantastic specials on at the moment and if you mention Trip Advisor there is also an extra discount.

http://www.villaroyalephuket.com/

Cathy

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Oh forgot to mention we also ate at Mom Tri's Kitchen, the food is very reasonably priced and our meals were excellent.

Cathy

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

I agree with Cathy, if you want to do 2 places Mom Tri's and then perhaps something in another area, though Kata is very nice, but if you are set on 2 places you really want something 'very' different otherwise it's just another place.

www.patong-beach-hotels.com/aud-rates.php is already sorted into AU$, you can see there are so many specials being offered, look in the rates for each places to the stay 4 nights pay 3 deals etc, Twin Palms at Surin is down to AU$ 147.

For somewhere 'very' quiete Andaman White Beach has seaview at $137, they also have beachfront 'Pool Villas' at AU$ 237 but that has to be pre-payed ( not the usual 1 night deposit and balance a few weeks before you arrive ), but AU$237 for beachfront pool villa, not bad.

But do appreciate that in the low season in the 'quiet' areas it is likely to be very quiet indeed, which is not great of you want to go out to restaurants etc.

But it is very quiet area.

From August 16th JW Marriott shown as AU$171 but that is without breakfast.

Had you thought about doing a week at kata and a week say krabi ? If you are flying via Bbangkok you could do some nights there at a nice place on the river, or if flying via Singapore do some nights there, just a thought.

I wouldn't necessarily do 2 places unless you are going to get a very different style of location. Kata will still be busy enough so as not to feel too quiet, but some areas could be 'very quiet'.

This will really throw you sideways ! Why not do a week in Phuket and then a week on Koh Samui, 50 minute flight and good weather in August.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 nights and then 3 nights luxury stay

Sorry, forgot you only have 7 nights on Phuket, so the Samui idea wouldn't be worth it.