We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Sunset Beach Resort Patong in June

Perth
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the Sunset Beach Resort Patong in June

Hi fellow Tripadvisors!

My wife & I are going back to Patong for two weeks starting 14 June, staying at the Sunset Beach Resort (counting down & can't wait to get there!)

Flying from Perth DownUnder on Tiger on the 13th. Anyone else out there staying at the same hotel?

We have been twice before, anyone interested in daytrips, fishing trips etc, I know we can get better deals when booking there for more than 2 people.

Cheers- M&B.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Sunset Beach Resort Patong in June

Hi, we are looking at this resort for our first trip to Thailand. I'd be greateful if you could give us a fairly detailed rundown. We have 2 kids (11 & 14)

Thanks

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Sunset Beach Resort Patong in June

Hi we stayed there last year with younger kids. We only stayed in standard rooms over in the main building. Would suggest a room facing the pool.

Breakfast was good, hotel a bit far out...too far to walk into town but they have a free shuttle running from 9-9. You catch it out the back in the carpark..so don't jump on the ones out the front or it will cost you. Drop off is Bangla Rd, one end in morning, beach end in arvo. Be on time to catch it back as he is there and gone quickly.

Overall good hotel, great pool area, laundry nearby 40bt per kilo. Don't book tours etc at hotel, go to a tour booth in town.

cheers

Karin

3. Re: Staying at the Sunset Beach Resort Patong in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 05:15