We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper Hotel rates

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheaper Hotel rates

I booked our stay directly with the hotel about 4 months ago and only had to provide my credit card details and would pay the whole accommodation on checking-out at the end of my stay.

Last week I looked at the hotels website and noticed that they had a special at a considerably cheaper rate than what I was paying. A condition of this cheaper rate was that the whole amount had to be paid at the time of booking.

I emailed the hotel and asked if I could be changed to this cheaper rate (same room type) and they agreed so they then debited my credit card.

For our 3 week stay I have saved over $800.00 - more spending money for me!!!!!

Just thought I would share this with other TAs.

May be useful for others who have booked directly with their hotel.

Regards Hassa

PS 3 sleeps to go

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

you want to share which hotel?? have a great trip

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

they're staying at Holiday Inn.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

I wish I hadnt read this post now!

In November we booked 2 poolview rooms at the Patong Merlin costing $1200AU for 7 nights, unfortunately we did this through a travel agent, looking at Patong Merlins website now I could have got both rooms for $432.00 for the same stay a saving of $732.00.........oh Live and learn...DARN!

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

Hi Hawk 1991

A friend who is staying at a different hotel tipped me onto this so I thought I would give it a try. I really thought I would have to stick to my original booking tariff - which I was more than happy with anyway, but got a great response from the HI. We have stayed there a few times - whether this had something to do with it, I don't know. For once, luck was on our side!! Better than the Hawks (sorry about that).

Regards Hassa

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

Don't worry hawk your not alone I did the same thing booked our holiday way to early(me being the Impatient person I am went like a bull In a china shop)from a TA only to find out that If I had of waited until later In the year we could have got the flight approx $400pp cheaper, and although the room we have wasn't that expensive we also could have got that a bit cheaper to oh well them's the breaks.

In saying all that you live and learn from your mistakes(Its our first time to Thailand so we thought this was cheap)and I'm sure this will not be the last time I do It.

We will not be letting this little mishap Hinda our trip In any way as the saying go's It's no use crying over spilt milk.

Cheers W.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

your right, Wal dont let it ruin your trip (which it wont) you'll have a ball, and Hassa stay tuned mate the Hawkers will come back (I HOPE)!!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

Hawk, I've tried the same exercise myself on the Merlin website and to be truthful, I'm not convinced there is an error of sorts. Whether you put in 1 or 2 rooms, it gives you the exactly the same price, maybe this is right, maybe not?

I've put in 3 rooms which does increase the rate but an unusual proportion if you try to balance it out. Unless I proceed to finalise the booking ... well, I guess I'll never know ... however I honestly don't think I'm far from the money with the 'going' rate and most definitely happy with the price so no regrets from me either!

Cheers

Tiff xxxx

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

your right tiff, some people go to thailand and say expensive, when you get down to it im paying $85 a night including breakfast & daily room service, last year at the gold cost I paid $290 a night, no breakfast & no room service, with a bucket for a swimming pool, so no complaints

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheaper Hotel rates

Your spot on Hawk, its very hard to find a hotel under $120.00 in Australia then you have to pay for breakfast,

Thailand exspensive no way it's the oppisite.

Cheers

Lozza