We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

New Zealand, north...
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

Hi we are leaving in two days and are staying in karon and my husband would like to know where a good cheap good quality dive shop is to purchase - wet suit and dive gear accessories.

He is interested in getting a 7m suit can you purchase these in Phuket? If not can you recommend a excellent taylor for the job.? We are staying three weeks there.

Thanks heaps for your help it will make him happy and I can do more shopping! LOL

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

Not sure about prices but there is a huge dive shop in Sawatdirak Road Patong (runs parallel to Bangla but one block north)

Phuket - Thailand
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

Hi ya Kev & Trac

Check out Scuba Market, there is a really helpful guy in there called James (the manager) he can help you with everything.

Scuba Market Thailand

51 Patak Road - Karon Muang

Phuket - 83100

Tel: +66 (0)76 284 725/726

Fax: +66 (0)76 284 727

Email: info@scubamarketthailand.com

Also for a tailor made wetsuits check out Hotwave.

I've had three wetsuits made by them now, they are great and have lasted ages!

Check out: http://www.hotwavephuket.com/

Have a great time here diving, and Trac if you need more info on the shops for you, just let me know I LOVE SHOPPING! ;-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

There are lots of shops that offer dive gear, but the two we kept going back to were Water World and All 4 Diving, the more you buy the bigger the discount, another option we looked at was getting your wet suite made for you, then you get what you want.

Theres lots of shops in Karon aswell, we used Marina Divers a few years ago just can't remember if they had lots of stock.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

Is diving equipment that much cheaper in Phuket in comparison to the UK or AUS? Stuff like made to measure wetsuits, masks, fins, regs, boots etc.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

All i can go on is my prescription mask, wanted over £100 in Scotland, but got one in Patong for around half the price, OH got his shortie made a good few years ago and only cost him about £15.

Saying that we've found a really good dive club/shop in Scotland and he gets us stuff at really good prices.

New Zealand, north...
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

Hello, thank you for all your postings I have managed to get on Map Jack and find "All 4 Diving" and Water world.

Thank you for the posting about Karons dive shop. My husband last time was taken to a dive shop by Mr Mor in karon and wanted to go back and find it so he is very excitied that you may have found it for him.

Again thank you for making our holiday so much fun.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

For a 7mm wetsuit I second Hotwave for custom made wetsuits. We have had quite a few made by them for rental use and they have lasted quite well over the years.

Most of the Dive Centers carry 3mm to 5mm wetsuits. Also another option for accessories is Dive Connection. They are located next to the Post Office on Patak Road in Kata and carry the Tusa and Oceanic brand names.

Chantal.

8. Re: where is a good cheap good quality shop to purchase dive gea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 06:18