We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katathani or Mom Tri's

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Katathani or Mom Tri's

Hi to all TA's I am booked into Katathani Resort for 2 weeks and have just noticed a sign on their website stating they are under renovation from May to July 15th 2009. We are booked in from 1st August. Has anyone seen the work they are doing and does it look like they will finish in time for our trip? Also, any advise if I should stay at Mom Tri's Boathouse next door instead? All replies appreciated!!!!!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katathani or Mom Tri's

I don't know about the Katathani, but the Boat House has a very good reputation.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katathani or Mom Tri's

Hi I work next door at Mom Tri's Villa Royale, which is the sister hotel of Mom Tri's Boathouse located about down the road in Kata. (Katathani and Villa Royale are in Kata Noi).

I would not worry about the construction. I was just there a few days ago at the Katathani for their environment day and the grounds were lovely. The hotel is spread out on the entire length of Kata Noi Beach and the construction is far from the main wing..

You probably won't even notice it..

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Katathani or Mom Tri's

Thanks ever so Kata Noi. Since you are on the ground so to speak, we have been reading a bit about the box jellies found around phuket/Koh Samui, have you heard of any problems there? We are coming over for 3 weeks with 3 children who love the water and even though I will ensure we all wear dive skins in the water just wanted to touch base with someone who is there - thanks

4. Re: Katathani or Mom Tri's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 06:18