We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

Dubai
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

Dears,

I am planing to spend my honeymoon in Phuket however I am confused between to hotels:

1- Banyan Tree (Spa Pool Villa)

2- Malissa Villas (Grand Pool Villa)

I checked the pictures both looks nice. I was checking the reviews here in trip advisor both hotels have pros and cons. some people said Malissa wins and some said Banyan Tree. I am really confused.

What I like in Banyan its decoration, spacious, Sunken Spa Bath with flower petals, close to beach. what I dislike: Price double than Malissa (However I don't mind if it worth!), I read that it is far from every thing!!, also i read that the rooms looks very old (but does this apply for the Spa Pool Villa as well?)!!

What I Like in Malissa, its price is average, I believe its close to every thing, it is newer than Banyan. what I dislike is that they said Malissa is not anymore private after the construction that is next to it, It is quite small, no direct access to beach and the beach that is next to it is not nice and not clean, also some said that the area of the Malissa is very bad and dirty!

Please help I am confused I want to go to Banyan Tree but I don't want to be in a very old villa and I don't want to be in middle of no where or every thing is far from the hotel (city, Patong, etc..)

Also I want to go to Malissa but I don't want to have a bad honeymoon and have no privacy most importantly is the beach!

Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

You didn't say when you were going - but we will be at the Banyan Tree in July. I can report back then for you :-)

Dubai
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

I am going from 20 - 30 of July, 2009 I will be in Phuket from 20 - 24 then going to Malaysia.

Syd
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

Malissa Villas are very romantic and nice location. I stayed there from april 24 to 29 with family and young children which didnt suit us as well. they are perfect for honeymooners. Prior to Malissa we stayed at bang tao beach and the children much preferred that. The area around Malissa is good with lost of restaurants and shop and kata beach is one of the best on phuket.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

I am a Banyan Tree fan. World class six-star resort.

People who say it is "far away from everything" have probably never even been on that part of the island.

Yes, it is 30 minutes from the hooker bars in Patong - but I am guessing that won't be on your honeymoon agenda? (Call me old fashioned!).

There are plenty of restaurants, shopping and bars nearby. And, if shopping at a mall is your thing - then JungCeylon is that same 30 minutes away.

EVERYTHING about Banyan Tree is spacious and private. There a is fine beach area staffed and well fitted out - across a small and very quiet road. A truly world class spa that sets the standard world wide.

There are 25++ restaurants right up and down the beach as well as many first class places just outside the resorts entrance area.

The Spa Villas area is even more private and separated a bit from the rest of the Banyan Tree and I believe it is in that area where the Presidential Villa is located.

If price doesn't matter - go world class. I certainly would.

5. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 11:36
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

Previous poster said, "the banyan tree it 5 start resort cost must more and away out city about 30 minute and taxi cost make you serprice."

Yeah, well . . . as I suggested NOT everyone hangs out in Patong. And, frankly, if they are paying Banyan Tree prices - they aren't going to be worried what the taxi rates are. That would be my guess anyway.

7. Re: Banyan Tree or Malissa Villas Phuket? Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:17