We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tattoos

western australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
tattoos

what is the norm with getting tattoos in Phuket?

do they charge by the hour, or by the design?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tattoos

Usually based on the design with also taking time into the factor. For a good tattoo, you will pay almost as much as you would in your own country. As far as tattoos go, you get what you pay for. Make sur the place is clean and uses sterile equipment.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tattoos

Hi,

We have had tattoos done in Phuket, mine a 45 minute job cost $70AU, hubby had 9 hours straight done for $500AU. They are pretty cool and open to negotiation, within reason. Obviously if you want a proffessional job done you don't mind paying the money, still heaps cheaper than getting it done at home, and the ones we use all use latest gear and hygeine methods. Sue

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tattoos

Can anyone recommend a good place?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tattoos

If you are going through Bangkok, I would reccomend "The Pumpkin" They have a world wide reputation with artists that can draw the most accurate and straight lines I have ever seen. The color choices are good and the qaulity is the best money can buy.

gold coast...
Level Contributor
431 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tattoos

hey there

I have had 5 tattoos done in phuket . They are great . We went to 666 tattoo studio in otop market patong . They opened a new shop in april this year at the new patong plaza beside patong merlin . There new shop is beautiful. Nueg in the tattooist he is unreal love all his work . This year i took my sister and her partner and they had a couple done aswell. Very clean and will anything you want . They are very cheap too.

Teresa=)

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tattoos

For the traditional tattoo method (with a bamboo stick in stead of a tattoo machine) check out www.tattoophuket.com (Khob).

central coast...
Level Contributor
276 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tattoos

siamese tattoo in Nai Harn. Highly recommended

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tattoos

Thanks everyone x

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tattoos

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the shop but they are situated on the roundabout / circle in Karon. Beau & Jack - Jack did some tattoos for my partner - great work and good prices. Very clean. Highly recommend them - I know my partner is looking forward to our return trip this Oct to add to his 'collection'.

10. Re: tattoos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 05:17