We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket in September

Sileby,Leicestershir...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket in September

Hi

I am off to stay at the Sheraton Grand Laguna and i have never been to Thailand before ,im am unsure on what to expect and the weather conditions what to xpect.Can any one advise .

Email address leesaloo01@hotmail.com

Thank you

Lisa

Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket in September

Hi Lisa

We were in Phuket September last year and it rained every day!!!! still had a brilliant time.But this year were going early august

Regards

Duncan

Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket in September

Hi Lisa

We were in Phuket September last year and it rained every day!!!! still had a brilliant time.But this year were going early august

Regards

Duncan

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket in September

Hi Lisa,

We have been 3 times in September and although you do get some tropical its never cool and it does not normaly last for very long.

Try the following site, it gives up to date information on the weather and indicants the chance of rain on a percentage basis.

http://www.tmd.go.th/EN/province.php?id=75

Also check out the following site with info on seasons and what to expect.

http://www.phuket.com/island/weather.htm

Cheers, Pete.

Sileby,Leicestershir...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket in September

Hi

Thankyou for getting back to me ,when u say rain do you mean as in everyday all day long or just hard showers with intervals.

Thanks

Lisa

Sileby,Leicestershir...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket in September

Hello Pete

Thank you for getting back to me,i have heard so many different reviews on the weather think i shall pack a brolly just incase eh,maybe wellies to lol.

Thank you again

Lisa

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket in September

Hi Lisa,

In the last 3 years we have been the most rain we saw was for around 2 hours and that was around 4 am so it was just soothing to listen to. When it rains it pours down in bucket loads but its usually only for short bursts with long intervals in between. All the hotels have complimentary brollies for when you head off for the day.

You can usually get away from the rain as sometimes it may be raining in Kata and the sun shining a few kilometers away in Patong Beach, its very typical of a tropical climate.

The one thing you wont have to worry about is being cool as it never gets below around 24c and that's usually around 6am and when it rains its usually a relief for a few minutes from the heat.

We are off again this September and looking forward to a nice holiday in the tropics.

Cheers,

Pete.

7. Re: Phuket in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 06:16