We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Hello trippers,

Four women on tour for the day around southern Phuket beach areas.

This is are itinerary:

Pick-up 9.00 am from Hotel

Quick tour of Patong Beach and Shopping area – highlight market areas, shopping centres etc.

Kata viewpoint

Baan Chang (Kok Chang) for 1 hr Elephant ride

Nai Harn beach

Promthep Cape viewpoint

Friendship beach

Chalong Pier (Short stop for coffee)

The Big Buddha

Wat Chalong

Phuket town - Lunch at Rang Hill - Tungka Ka Restaurant

Sightseeing Phuket town

Northern beaches – tour of area?

Afternoon cocktails at a popular beach bar somewhere?

Have included lunch at a restaurant I saw recommended on someone else's day tour. Is it a good one or do you have some other suggestions. It will be outr second in Phuket. We can have lunch whilst in the Chalong Bay area.....

What suggestions do you have for our stop at a cool beach bar for late afternoon drinks?

Thank you for your input!

Sharon

Simba Sea Trips
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Phuket Best Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Chai travel and Day Tour in Phuket
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Tunk Ka seems to be one of the more popular ones on this site as its high over Phuket town on Rang Hill, Its said to have some of the best Thai Food in Phuket so you can't go wrong with this one.

Cheers, Pete

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Thanks, Pete.

I appreciate your reply. Will just stick with this one for the tour.

While you are on here, can you recommend some good affordable restaurants in Patong? We are staying at the Ban Thai Beach Resort and want to walk for dinner after pre dinner drinks.

Thanks again,

Sharon

(was just readind about Pum's cooking school)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Hi Sharon,

That's an awful lot you've got to try to fit into one day tour. I doubt that you will fit in both southern and northern areas in the one day trip.

I figure you won't be getting lunch 'til about 2-3pm. Promthep Cape isn't really much to visit other than at sunset either, so perhaps you might like to leave that one out.

Some activities take a fair bit of time. My advice is not to rush your day too much or you won't get to really enjoy it. Maybe give yourselves 2 days to do all the sights.

Tunk Ka would be my pick for lunch in the south and Baan Suan Layan (Laguna) would be my pick for lunch in the north - either that or Chum Chon Restaurant at Bang Rong Pier.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Our favorite restaurants close by in no particular order are:

Chez Bernards on the beach, Sabai Beach Restaurant, Nicky's Handlebar, Sweet restaurant, S&G, Orchard Garden, Banana Leaf, Sabai Sabai, Hemingways and so many more there are to many to list.

Almost all the restaurants that face along the beach road are very expensive by Thai standards as you can get a Thai main meal at many of the restaurants mentioned for around 100 Baht. On the beach front you will pay similar to Melbourne prices and in fact the seafood is sometimes more expensive.

Best way to get seafood is go to the Banzzan Markets behind Junkceylon shopping centre, buy your own very cheap!! and take it to the restaurant upstairs or next door to Hemingway's and for a fee they will cook it for you. Also there are a number of small Restaurants just north of Bang La road on Rat-U-Thit road (left hand side)that are also good value for seafood.

Cheers, Pete.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Great list, Pete. We are in Patong for seven nights, so that just about covers us for each night.

We want to go to a beach restaurant one night and the one you mentioned is one I had shortlisted.

We don't want to pay Melbourne restaurant prices, so I appreciate you giving us a list that is very affordable.

If you can think of any others, please let me know!

Sharon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Hi Athena,

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for the advice on Promthep Cape (will take that one out)

I don't expect we will be at any of these places for long. Just want to have a look, to say been there, done that and keep moving.

Trip is mainly to get away and chill out, so don't want to spend too much of time (only have 8 days) in a car.

We can always do the northern beaches on another afternoon, but I'm tipping I might have probs rounding up my three friends for another car trip as they have shopping and sunbaking on the brain. I like to see the sights where ever I go.

Thank you for the recommendation on the restaurant.

Arrive on Aug 1st, so getting close and exciting....

Sharon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Hi Athena,

Where is Bang Rong Pier?

Sharon

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

I have a review on it here; members.virtualtourist.com/m/9045f/160bcd/2/

Just scroll down.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,781 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

I would have lunch in any of the places on the sidewalk in Rawai. Nice and relaxed plus good food.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch, with atmosphere, on Phuket tour - where?

Bang mud floating restaurant near Koh Maphrao?

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/bang_mud_floati…