We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

South Wales
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

Looking for luxury over the New Year. Been to the Evason, TwinPalms....luvved both hotels but want something different. was dissapointed by the lcation of the TwinPalms but the residences were awesome! Didnt like Surin beach TBH...would appreciate any comments...love modern but Thai...cool and sleek .... would like to get to restaurants outside of hotel tho...tks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

I personally LOVE The Racha but it might not suit you. What did you dislike about Surin Beach? What time of the year were you there? Surin is totally different in the Green season. We also love the Residences at Twin Palms - I just don't like the fact they have no view.

The Grand pool villas at Racha are out of this world and on the most beautiful beach. However it is an island and only a few local restaurants to walk to.

I have not been to Indigo Pearl but people who I have spoken to say it is not really 5 star (compared to Twin Palms for example)

Don't know the others.

What about Khao Lak?

South Wales
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

I agree with you...the residences were just incredible but i really did a view ie the view from the evason over Rawai was fabulous. I didnt like the smell walking down to Rawai beach and also the road was always soggy smelly sand and not nice. I didnt think the beach was as idyllic as i was expecting. AND I didnt live the location of the TwinPalms...very crammed in...do you know what I mean? Are there many restaurants etc around the Racha? Ever stayed in The Ayara Kamal or Outrigger or Cocunut island?

Tks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

Not many restaurant on Racha- I have only been in September - maybe more open in Peak season but nothing flash.

Have not stayed at the other places you mentioned.

Phuket
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

The beach in front of The Racha is powdery white, and the sea is crystal clear with lots of little fish. However, I am not sure whether new year is the right time to go because the beach could be extremely busy from daytrippers' boats. You would only get peace and quietness only after all of them are gone.

For Indigo Pearl, you can see there are many good reviews of this hotel. The hotel ground itself is very spacious and you could literally get lost in the maze of buildings and little walkways (I did get lost myself) and the hotel is not directly on the beach because there's a small local road to cross but that's no big deal in my opinion. In addition Naiyang Beach during New Year will be most beautiful and the sea will be as calm as a natural lagoon. Designwise, I like Indigo Pearl very much as well as the beautifully manicured gardens and sculptures.

For Vijitt, If you like the panoramic seaviews, you will like The Vijitt. However, Friendship beach is not suitable for swimming, only good for kite surfing as the sea bed is very shallow. If you like peace and quiet and beautiful gardens, however, you will absolutely love the place.

The Adamas, I've never been to, so no comment.

To choose between these resorts... well I think I will choose Indigo. No seaviews but the whole atmosphere was great. Naiyang Beach is also a great beach for swimming as well...(as compare to Surin beach, with dangerous under currents)

South Wales
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

Thankyou that is very useful indeed. there is so much choice it is difficult as you want to get it right dont you.. Presumably the Vijitt is fnished now? Are there any other you would recommend that are cool, slic, trendy but Thai in a great location.....dont want to be in the middle of things...spoils things for me....tks again....(have also looked at Chandara,Melati, melissa, Pavilions)!!!

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

Hi

have you considered the Dewa? seems to be similar to the racha and indigo pearl

Some really nice pool villas there

Enjoy!

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

Hi

have you considered the Dewa? seems to be similar to the racha and indigo pearl

Some really nice pool villas there

Enjoy!

8. Re: The Racha/Indigo Pearl/Vijitt/Adamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:18