We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: i think ive been scammed

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
re: i think ive been scammed

Hi all,

some interesting replies on previous thread and i think i should make something clear.

It is Timelinx who has something to do with Freedom Leisure Group that i hold resposible for what can only be described as a scam.

I had no problems receiving my vouches or any bookings made through Destinations Are Us, although i do find them partly responsible because in order to use these vouches you must attend these kind of timeshare seminars. (BUYERS BEWARE)

Clint.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Well your not the only one !!!!!

bangkokscams.com/scams-in-thailand/holiday-c…

All the comments make good reading on this site !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Aha..!!...It's all making sense now...!!!..

Timeshare ripoff...!!??...You have already paid them for better words,a deposit...(albeit an expensive deposit)

Now to play their game....you will have to pay more money for more priveleges...!!??...

I have a story as well but luckily I was able to keep my money...!!

I hope Gocda's idea will help you Clint....!!??...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Only one thing outnumbers the timeshare touts in Phuket....Tuk Tuks

I guess if you have to sit through an hour seminar to use a weeks free accommodation it is not too bad.

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Yeh, the hours seminar with timelinx did'nt bother me other than the fact that i have paid them $5000 US for a 10 year membership and received nothing, zero, squat.

This had nothing to do with the scratchies, thats just another scam.

Clint.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Oh... Sorry Clint I was unaware of the money that you have paid out.

We do have a timeshare here in Oz and while it use to be convenient when the kids were young it is now a hinderance with ongoing fees every year.

I feel some of your pain.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Doesnt look good Clint:

…holidaywatchdog.com/Timeshare-&-Holiday-Clu…

…holidaywatchdog.com/Timeshare-&-Holiday-Clu…

mirror.co.uk/advice/…115875-name_page.html

Looks like they have moved onto new pastures which may be why we've never heard of them.

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Thanks deux fils,

ill look into those websites. I just hope other people see the warning signs quicker than i did.

Thailand
Level Contributor
815 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

This kind of scam happens happens everywhere in the world.

For years and years they've been millions of warnings about timeshare.

So, if you fall for it, sorry but not sympathy from me. And by the way, dont blame the Thais as normal, it is foreigners who run the timeshare businesses in Thailand.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

Not once did I see a post about Thai's being involved in any way.

From my research it appears to mainly be a few nationalities. In Spain where Timelinx is/has been working, someone in some sort of charge, Stefan, is german, with a smooth talking english guy called John. Several times Aussies were mentioned as 'henchmen'.

As I posted earlier a certain type of traveller/backpacker is willing to do just about anything to get more money for travelling (including stealing from fellow travellers as anyone who has used backpacking hostels).

We all get scammed somehow one way or another during our lifetime and I think Clint ought to be commended on having the guts to admit he'd been had and the decency to let other people know.

I really hope karma bites them.

regards Sharyn

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: re: i think ive been scammed

To max expat,

well the name says it all, you weak minded idiot, i run a motel and if you walked in and thought you got scammed you would be pissed off to. No surprises if you work for them.

Clint.

Ps, i hope we never meet.