We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Racha

N Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
The Racha

Hi

Cany anyone gime me an indication of food and drink prices, e.g. bottle of beer, bottle of wine, snack, etc etc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Racha

If you email the resort they will send you their menus however there is a small store that sells beer, some wine and snacks at resonable prices. You are on an island so things will be dearer. From memory last Sept beer was about 50BHT a can - you can get a bottle for less on the mainland. Wine is expensive anywhere in Thailand - I think the shop had a few bottles for about 900BHT.

You can also but supplies at Father Raya.

We usually take a few nice bottles of wine over with us.

Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Racha

We had a couple of soft drinks and a couple of whiskeys with mixers in the restaurant and paid around 1000 baht; expensive by Thai standards. The resort is quite upmarket and the food and drink prices are comparable with a good class Western establishment. You have to expect to pay more due to being so isolated.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Racha

Thanks guys. I knew it would be expensive due to location etc, but wasn't sure if it would be prohibitively expensive for us.

In your opinion is it worth paying the extra? TA reports are mixed, but it looks fabulous.

Thanks again

Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Racha

We had a walk around the resort grounds, beachfront etc and it is quite beautiful. From memory the cheapest rates for a double were around 5000 baht but you can check that out on their website. I would have been quite happy to have stayed a couple of nights there (we had pre-booked a cheaper place). You need to realise that apart from water based activities (snorkling/diving/swimming), bush-walking, sun-bathing there is not much else to do on the island. No shopping malls, markets, pubs, clubs or things of that nature. If you are just going purely for relaxation then it is ideal.

Bahrain
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Racha

Thanks for posting this-- I am due to go in less than a week and had the same question my self.... anyone know if the little shop that is mentioned is open in the off season? Do they sell sun screen, bug repelent? I am trying to only bring carry on luggage which limits the liquids I can bring....

In an earlier post someone mentioned stopping off at a grocery store before we got to the pier at Phuket--and that sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe stock up on some drinks and snacks.

Also anybody know if they have a library or bookexchage at the Racha-- I love reading by the beach, but again trying to bring only carry on luggage limits how much I can take.

One more question. Is there a dress code for any of the restaurants-- ex. are nice leather sandles ok for men at night?

Thanks everyone-- I can't wait to get there!

6. Re: The Racha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 05:16