We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

I realise alot of people do not know this. So thot I will just share it here.

My friend went on May 2009 and found out about it and told me. I went on 15th-19th July 2009. We didn't believe it even after reading the booklet and decided to call reception for confirmation. The drinks are free.

Drinks in mini-fridge is replenish everyday (i.e. if you call for room service). 2 beers, 2 orange juice, 2 cokes, 2 spirts, 2 chilled bottle of water. Additionally 2 glass bottled water on cupboard everyday.

They change beach towels in rooms everyday too (if u opt room service). Free wireless internet (call recept to ask for it...it's pretty fast speed).

Oh, so far I checked with most internet website. www.hotel2thailand.com offered me around 1350 baht/night for low season. High season is around 2200 Baht/night (do check again).

Another thing, I booked my tour to Phi Phi, Maya and Khai island (Andandam tours) from the agent just opposite salathai outside erm...silvertel resort (or something like that). Her name is Noi. The price was 1100 baht (low season). I realise another person booked at 1400 baht from her. It depends seriously how you bargain. But I knew the price before I went (cos my niece went before me). So do ur checks well.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

2 beers, 2 orange juice, 2 cokes, 2 spirts, 2 chilled bottle of water. So about 400 baht of value. Makes for a cheap room in low season. Personally, I am happy to pay more for a better hotel and better facilities, but you can't argue the value.

canberra
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

trying this hotel next month, did you enjoy your stay there? have read conflicting reports

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Hi jik26,

With the revue section you will always get conflicting reports as everyone has different expectations on a good and bad hotel, a place i might think is great you may think its ordinary.

I try to look at the number of revues done and then look at it of the basis of good through there scale to bad and for Salathai its starting with good 16,9,3,3,1 so on that scale i would find it pretty good. Next i look at the numbering and it rates 19 out of 146 hotels so its up there with the best.

Then if all else fails ask someone on the forum that's stayed recently and then you should get a well informed view!!

Cheers, Pete.

canberra
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Thankyou so much Peter, I'm going with the attitude that it IS only 3 star, so my expectations arent too high, if its clean friendly and honest, I will be happy...thankyou again:)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Hi jik26,

All hotel reviews are always conflicting...reason simply is everyone's expectations are different.

Overall, if you are looking for a clean bed (with no bed bugs) and clean room (without roaches running about) and importantly clean sheets/towels (i.e. white)...this hotel is good enough. Only issue might be the bathroom (because of the layout...u will understand when you are there) but overall I feel it is still clean (ignore the rust u see cos i tink it's normal esp for beach resorts which aren't 5 stars. *grin*).

Most importantly Salathai's location is good (it's just beside Thara Patong) and the rooms are NOT facing the roads so it's quiet in the rooms. (Rooms facing pool, corridor facing thara Patong room/walls). Service is considerably good...at least staffs were more than willing to help and speak rather good english compared to some hotels where staffs do not understand anything.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

wildo,

Overall, with the freebie thrown in. We didn't even need to buy any drinks when we are out (except for coconut milkshakes which we love so much) as we normally bring around 1 bottle of water and coke/spirt.

With free internet access, it's good that I dun have to go to a cafe (and pay) to use. Convenient.

All,

I forgot to mention something. BRING UR OWN TOOTHBRUSH. They dun provide any. =) They provide beach slippers.

canberra
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Thanks Icebaby, was the pool nice and clean, and was it warm>? I dont like cold pools

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Oh Icebaby,you should'nt have mentioned coconut shakes...!!??

They are our favourite drink as well...We drank so many and sourced them out wherever we went...

The most expensive was at a bar on Patong Beach(near Thai Elvis)...100 baht + vat...It did taste good but too expensive....

We drank a tankload of them at the restaurant next to the Ska bar at Kata Beach...I think they were 30 baht each...??

The cheapest and one of the best,was at the Kamala markets...Served from a little stand and only 10 baht for a largish sized glass...!!...

It's the simple things in life we love...!!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

Great to know about the free drinks - we are staying here in March and looking forward to it!

Did you think that the hotel was child friendly? Were there any other children there?? We are bringing 3 with us aged 7, 5 and 2.

Thanks

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Salathai - complimentary mini-fridge drinks

No wonder the place was fully booked when we walked in last month....

The place did look child friendly and has a nice atmosphere with open air dining near the footpath.

Great location and just a short walk to the beach and one block away from Bangla.