We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Trainer

geelong
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Personal Trainer

I am spending 5 weeks in Phuket, and always tend to put on weight whilst on holidays due to too many enjoyable cocktails and Thai food. I was wondering if there are any personal trainers, reasonably priced that could possibly get me into shape while I am there?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal Trainer

Hi

Check this health club in phuket downtown ;

www.theroyalspa.com

Resonable price - apply for monhtly membership and you can also enjoy very good price of spa...

They have personal trainer, yoga class..

Cheers

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal Trainer

If you are in Patong, there is a very good and popular gym (or whatever you call these places)attached to the Yorkshire Hotel and Inn in Soi Sansabai. Just up from the corner of Rathu-Thit Pee Road and Bangla although it has its own entrance off the soi or lane running to the EXPAT Hotel, the first soi going north from the intersection referred to. I have forgotten its name but it is very well used by local Thais and expats and it would surprise if they did not have a PT on staff.

Mind you, I take off weight just swimming and walking around the place!

Cheers!

geelong
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Personal Trainer

thanks for your help - I will try that igym. Don't think I can swim far enough or fast enough to burn off the excess calories lol!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Personal Trainer

Hi

If you are in the Kata area there is a new Hot Yoga facility located opposite The Boathouse. You can check them out at www.katahotyoga.com

If you want to know more feel welcome to PM me.

Chantal.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Personal Trainer

Hi also opposite Kok Chang Safari Elephant trekking in Kata/Kata Noi is some yoga classes.

It's a good work out and low impact but you will burn calories.

You can see the sea from his teaching sala and he is reasonably priced. He is very experienced and has been teaching for 10 years.

http://www.absolutetherapythailand.com

6. Re: Personal Trainer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 12:19