We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kok Chang elephant trek

Hamilton
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Kok Chang elephant trek

Would it be best to do the 1 hour trek, I sort of feel that a shorter trek would not be long enough to be able to see all the views that are available while doing the trek. Also do you need to book for this trek or can you just turn up at any time. Thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

Hi augustHamilton not sure what would be the best trek to do we are also tossing up which one would be better may be someone can help us,august I'm not sure If you are aware but the elephant park do complimentary pick ups from your hotel (pending where your staying)this Is the link to there web-site http://kokchang.patongoceanviewresort.com/.

Give them an e-mail were very prompt and helpful with there replies, hope this helps you and have a great holiday when are you going????

Cheers W.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

Thanks W. We will arrive in Phuket 27th August and there for 10 days, can't wait, only 4 weeks to go now. Will e-mail the elephant trekking place, and yes I did read about the pick-up, that will be good, we are staying at Karon

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

Hi, in a recent post kata_noi noted they now have their own website that has a little more info than the older site:

http://www.kokchangsafari.com/ cheers Sharyn

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

I would suggest you go for the full hour, if time permits.

That way you get right to the top of the hill where there are some really nice views.

The time can go really quickly.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

yes you can email Chaini directly at info@kokchangsafari.com

YOu can just show up anytime however if you are in the Karon, Kata, Chalong Rawai or Nai Harn area you can make a booking for a round trip pick up.

For pick-ups further then that there is a small charge.

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

This trip was the best, we went via Richard from Pro Dive & Tours and did the hour up to the top,you get great pics from up here. The mahout will use your camera to take you.This was my first time and i never felt uneasy or uncomfortable and the time went quickly (maybe not for the ellie!!) Only thing there was a quick turnaround when we got back so didn't get to feed our Ellie, so felt a meanie!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

The ‘one hour’ trek is the way to go. Don’t forget to get yourself a shirt or singlet from the bar for around 200bt, cool design and good quality - something a bit different to the usual Billabong etc.

Cheers

Tiff xxx

Melbourne
Level Contributor
468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

thats really sad that theres a quick turnaround, that means they dont get a rest in between

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

Hi Tiff,

Do the tee shirts & singlets come in different colours now or are they still black & yellow?

Also you didn't happen to notice if they have any long sleeved Tee shirts this visit..really wanting one of those. Cheers CJ

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kok Chang elephant trek

Hi Maureen

Well that was fun, we just had world war III debating on the colour of the design and writing on the shirts, but I can triumphantly confirm that it is 'orange' on black (not yellow) .... time for family eye tests me thinks!

Babe, honestly can't recall seeing 'long sleeved tees' this visit, but that's not to say they didn't have them. I've sent out an SOS to find out so will let you know!

Cheers

Tiff xxx