We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
750 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

anyone who is a frequesnt traveller to phuket pls help. planning a trip there this sept from 11 - 15 for my hubby's b'day and now i heard that sept is a bad month to visit as it rains daily.....i that true? advice pls!!!!

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
903 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

I certainly would never say it rains daily.

But it could rain on any particular day.

The rainy season lasts about 6 months.

That means it might rain during that time.

We are now in the middle of it and it has rained once in the past week.

It does look cloudy today though.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

I would guess that weather pattern is similar to Singapores...maybe a shower or 2 every few days. I would not let the posability of a little wet weather deter you.

geelong
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

Hello MAHA24

this september will be our 5th visit to Phuket and every one in September! Don't worry about the rain - it comes and goes and has never spoilt a day for us . The days are usually sunny and warm and sometimes with showers that come and go. You may have to hole up for 20 minutes then you go again! Never been stuck inside due to rain! Have a great time!

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
750 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

thanx u all for ur replies....so hv decided to go ahead wit our trip..any suggestions if ts a good idea to bring my 11 mth old baby with us? juz worried abt the h1n1 wit the travelling....and pls recommend a good hotel at a centralised location but looking for 1 wit our own private swimming pool...also at a reasonable cost pls

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

Don't worry about swine flu. It's your choice if you want a family holiday or a romantic couples getaway.

6. Re: Sept good month to visit??? pls help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 06:18